"Don't Let Them Keep You Down!" - July 3, 2022

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

At first a complete head scratcher because I was using my mad meta decoding skills and not seeing any secret passageways. In other words working too hard for a meta with an easy rating. Then I googled and there it was. I remember the song but not the lyrics that apply… cute idea!
The other Wendy. :roll:
Abide

Post by Abide »

BarbaraK wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:00 pm I’m out of the box with a case of deja vu and no idea why.
I had the same feeling, and the same post-puzzle earworm. I had to look in about six or seven places but I finally found it. I put it in Crosshare comments so as not to spoil.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Abide wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:05 pm
BarbaraK wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:00 pm I’m out of the box with a case of deja vu and no idea why.
I had the same feeling, and the same post-puzzle earworm. I had to look in about six or seven places but I finally found it. I put it in Crosshare comments so as not to spoil.
Thank you!! Good to know I’m not crazy. (No comments from the peanut gallery on that subject, please:)
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
rjy

Post by rjy »

Detoxed! er, sorry, de-boxed… Too early in a three-day weekend to be detoxed
Ray
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

Fini.

Unboxed (which is also a compilation album by Sammy Hagar, which is totally unrelated to the meta)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

I have definitely left the box
I now have to go to detox
To solve this fine puzzle
I first had to guzzle
Each theme answer on the rocks.

Thanks for a firecracker of a puzzle WIll

(Edited to fit the metre of a good limerick - with which this should not of course be confused)
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

This was not "easy" for a 63 year old! Out of the box with a nudge from @BarbaraK, who is better at Google search than I am!
Heidi
DebbieC

Post by DebbieC »

Took me a minute (and a google search) but now the song's stuck in my head. Good one!
SJMcK

Post by SJMcK »

Got this earworm after the first two theme entries. Nice.

Steven McKinney