[Fireball Year 13] Crossword #25

Published weekly by expert constructor Peter Gordon, the Fireball crossword is famous for being hard. How hard? Well, in the words of Peter Gordon, if you need to ask, too hard for you! It is not regularly a meta crossword, but does feature a contest or meta puzzle several times throughout the year. Available here for a subscription: http://www.fireballcrosswords.com
Joe Ross

[Fireball Year 13] Crossword #25

Post by Joe Ross »

[Fireball Year 13] Crossword #25 (a contest)

What's the Connection? by Peter Gordon - Crossword #25.

What seven-letter word is hinted at by this puzzle?

Rules:
  • Email me the word no later than 6 PM ET on Monday, June 20 (note the extra day for the Juneteenth holiday).
  • You can enter only once, so be sure before hitting the "Send" button.
  • One person chosen at random from the correct entries will win a free subscription to Year 14 of Fireball Crosswords, digital copies of the puzzles from "Sizzlingly Hard Fireball Crosswords," "Blazingly Hard Fireball Crosswords," "Infernally Hard Fireball Crosswords," and "Hellaciously Hard Fireball Crosswords," and signed copies of "Diabolically Hard Fireball Crosswords," "Scorchingly Hard Fireball Crosswords," "Wickedly Hard Fireball Crosswords," and "Devilishly Hard Fireball Crosswords," a Fireball Crosswords baseball cap, a Fireball Crosswords lanyard, and a Fireball Crosswords bottle opener and keychain with light. \
On Monday evening, I'll send out the solution and the winner's name.

--Peter xwords@optonline.net

P.S.: On Sunday, A-to-Z Crosswords 2022: Petite Pangram Puzzles begins its 13-week run. My Kickstarter campaign was a success. It's too late to sign up for it through Kickstarter, but if you want to get the puzzles, you can sign up here:

http://www.fireballcrosswords.com/subscribeAtoZ.htm

A $13 subscription gets you 91 puzzles by me and Frank Longo. They are 9×11 crosswords, each of which uses all 26 letters of the alphabet in the grid. The fun begins June 19.
markhr

Post by markhr »

Got it. This one was trickier than I expected. Nice click when you figure it out.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Agree that it is nice click, but took me a long time to hear it.
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

Toby wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:40 pm Agree that it is nice click, but took me a long time to hear it.
I submitted the answer and then suddenly got the final click several hours later.
Abide

Post by Abide »

It took a few days, but very satisfying clickage.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald