MGWCC #731 - “Interior Shots”

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
Joe Ross

MGWCC #731 - “Interior Shots”

Post by Joe Ross »

MGWCC #731 — Friday, June 3rd, 2022 — “Interior Shots”

THIS WEEK’S INSTRUCTIONS:

No instructions provided here because there’s a no-instructions solving option.

Solve well, and be not led astray by words intended to deceive.

–Matt
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

We had a very reasonable request last month -since this is a week 1 puzzle, we should not post or discuss the prompt as that will spoil those who choose the harder option.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
ricky

Post by ricky »

Don't have confirmation yet as leaderboard hasn't refreshed, but pretty sure I'm beamed up.
Check out the meta challenge at Lexicon Devil

Latest puzzle: "This Place Looks Familiar," March 7, 2024

Deadline: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12 PM EST
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Submitted but no update. Solved.
Last edited by Cindy on Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajk

Post by ajk »

Also confidently awaiting molecular reorganization

ETA: and literally 5 seconds later, there it is. :lol:

ETA2: Lol, @Wendy Walker beat me by 2 min :lol:
Last edited by ajk on Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Joe

Post by Joe »

Not sure why I was nervous, but I was nervous. Board was just updated and there I am!
Happy to give nudges. If you notice I've solved, please tell me about avenues you've explored so I can nudge you in the right direction and not off a cliff.
KayW

Post by KayW »

:alien: :flying_saucer:

This is NOT a spoiler and in no way has anything to do with the meta, but apparently The Ultimate Question is "where did Kay land on the leaderboard this week?"
ULTIMATEQUESTION.png
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Be very embarrassing if I blow my streak on a weak one but I really don't like these types of mechanism.

Tried doing the downs only (no way). Did the puzzle without looking at the prompt. Okay, and see it. But not sure what is wanted. Look at the prompt. Mmm, okay... maybe.

Be very embarrassing if I blow my streek on a week one.

EDIT: Uh-oh... I'm not on the board yet and it has been updated since I answered. But if I'm wrong I can't believe none of you others are wrong either. Um, something obvious I am missing?

EDIT2: Oh, phew! There I am at 66.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

Should be on the board soon. Lots easier than Matt’s WSJ meta this week (which I am still working on).

Edit #80.
Jade

Post by Jade »

Not on the board yet, but feeling confident about what I submitted! Really enjoyed that one.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Beamed up.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Beam me up!
Heidi
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

Beam me up.....gotta love week 1's.

It's 90 here so officially Caiprinha weather.....
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Waiting for the tractor beam.

Edit: beamed up at #199!
Last edited by benchen71 on Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
burghman

Post by burghman »

#201 for me. The week 1 boards fill up fast!
If you see that I’ve completed the MGWCC meta, feel free to DM me and I’ll help you out - nudges, confirmations of paths, etc.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Week 1 but definitely one that I was like, "Huh?" at first and then "Aha!" Those moments are fun.
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 91. You'll Turn It Around
JeffPrug

Post by JeffPrug »

I'm like 99% sure I have it and am probably overthinking it since it's a Week 1, but I would still like to confirm my answer with anyone willing to PM before I submit.
SJMcK

Post by SJMcK »

On the board at #204. Smooth as ice.

Steven McKinney
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Welp… I see what I’m supposed to see, but nervous about submitting because I don’t get the title’s relevance. Can someone PM me to ‘splain? Or maybe just a subtle hint at what the title has to do with this topic/answer that I’ve got.

Confirmed I am correct but still awaiting a satisfying connection to the title. Thanks, helpers!
Last edited by HeadinHome on Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The other Wendy. :roll:
stmv

Post by stmv »

I'm beamed up at a nice round 100, but I'm feeling grumpy about my answer. I expected more of a "click" confirming the answer, but didn't get a click, so I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe I can blame Covid? I'm on a sabbatical in Berlin that got delayed for two years by Covid, so of course I came down with Covid at the beginning of this week (not very serious, but recovery is slower than I'd like), which is not helping my meta mojo much.