MGWCC #729 - “Count to J”

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Resigning myself to a miss this week. On vacation and no way to print, online (on phone) just is not going to happen.

Congrats to Meg!!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
patpatchica

Post by patpatchica »

Beamed up thanks to lurking in Zoom room for a few minutes! You guys are amazing!
Overthinking is my super power. 8-)
JennyByrd

Post by JennyByrd »

Just wrapped up hosting a wedding shower for dear friends, so I wasn’t able to make the Zoom, but glad to know I’m not the only one who has found this one a bit tough. I’ve tried a number of approaches which have yielded nonsense. Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
sheeparenotgreen

Post by sheeparenotgreen »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:25 pm Let me add my appreciation of the group. Sara Dacus was our expert who told us when we were astray. And whoever was on the phone from Ann Arbor found the Rosetta Stone for all of us. Great group.
LOL that was me on the phone! Sorry for having to call and be that weirdo on the phone, I was driving and was just planning on lurking but things happen! :lol:
dsxwa

Post by dsxwa »

Hey all, if any kind souls could offer me a nudge I'd appreciate it. Thanks all
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

sheeparenotgreen wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:37 pm
Bob cruise director wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:25 pm Let me add my appreciation of the group. Sara Dacus was our expert who told us when we were astray. And whoever was on the phone from Ann Arbor found the Rosetta Stone for all of us. Great group.
LOL that was me on the phone! Sorry for having to call and be that weirdo on the phone, I was driving and was just planning on lurking but things happen! :lol:
@sheeparenotgreen First, you were not a weirdo and we were glad you were there. And we are glad that you were paying attention to driving and staying alive. Metas can wait. Please join us again at any time.

And I have it on good authority that sheep may be green after several drinks
download.jpg
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
sheeparenotgreen

Post by sheeparenotgreen »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:21 pm
sheeparenotgreen wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:37 pm
@sheeparenotgreen First, you were not a weirdo and we were glad you were there. And we are glad that you were paying attention to driving and staying alive. Metas can wait. Please join us again at any time.

And I have it on good authority that sheep may be green after several drinks

download.jpg
OMG I love this so much. It is now my avatar :D
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Beam me up! I needed a boost to get there. Boy, what a meta!
Last edited by lbray53 on Mon May 23, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
Dannyvee

Post by Dannyvee »

I had composed a message outlining three things I’d found that seemed important and before sending it for a potential nudge it hit me.
Beam me up!
I can be found in Sheridan, NY, veejaying. (8)
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Did everyone see the "new" MGWCC badges?
Tilghman: Solve a puzzle on October 2nd.
Ada: Solve a puzzle on February 3rd.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Joe

Post by Joe »

Wendy Walker wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:55 pm Did everyone see the "new" MGWCC badges?
That’s awesome! Lucky for me I’ve been doing these for so long. I got the badges without even knowing I got the badges.
Happy to give nudges. If you notice I've solved, please tell me about avenues you've explored so I can nudge you in the right direction and not off a cliff.
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Wendy Walker wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:55 pm Did everyone see the "new" MGWCC badges?
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
Orsys

Post by Orsys »

Does anyone have a nudge to spare?
ajk

Post by ajk »

Joe wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:04 pm That’s awesome! Lucky for me I’ve been doing these for so long. I got the badges without even knowing I got the badges.
Lol me too. :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Beamed up at #83, no thanks to my meta solving prowess, but to the collective wisdom of fellow muggles on the zoom session! Y'all are amazing! Yes, I'm originally from Maryland which is south of the Mason Dixon. :)
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Wish I had logged on in time to join the zoom room.Utterly lost this week.

If anyone is willing to give a nudge I would gladly take it :-)
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
SusieG

Post by SusieG »

Sorry I missed the Zoom, although I would have nothing to contribute. In preparation for my Hail Mary I have identified all the five letter words in the clues. Next I will write them on small pieces of paper and draw one out of a hat.

In all seriousness, I have a hard time with the delayed puzzles because Saturday morning is my designated puzzling time, so I’m just really taking a look now.
higgysue

Post by higgysue »

SusieG wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:32 pm Sorry I missed the Zoom, although I would have nothing to contribute. In preparation for my Hail Mary I have identified all the five letter words in the clues. Next I will write them on small pieces of paper and draw one out of a hat.
Good plan. I may join you!
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

MamaE wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:22 pm Wish I had logged on in time to join the zoom room.Utterly lost this week.

If anyone is willing to give a nudge I would gladly take it :-)
ETA: Thanks all for the nudges. On the board now. Definitely would not have been without the help of muggledom!
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
SJMcK

Post by SJMcK »

Beamed up with an assist from woozy 👍

Steven McKinney