"From Start to Finish" - May 15, 2022

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Dino me. Thanks for the puzzle.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Solved the grid but trapped in the box.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

I made this one way too hard, but I'm out of the box now!
Heidi
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Got it with a nudge.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
JeffPrug

Post by JeffPrug »

I'm at a loss for how to begin, if anyone is able to PM me with a nudge that would be greatly appreciated.
chaddgar

Post by chaddgar »

I'm also completely lost. Any help would be appreciated! This is my first meta.
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Any hints forthcoming Will? I’m also at a loss.
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
woozy

Post by woozy »

Hmm... I was going to just give up and wait till the reveal but.... Oh, I could use a nudge.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
woozy

Post by woozy »

.... and now that it has been revealed I could use an explanation.

(I am really in a slump this month).
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

woozy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:31 pm .... and now that it has been revealed I could use an explanation.

Same her (need an explanation) — I didn’t spend a lot of time on this one because I’m just not hip to the puzzle constructor world (don’t know who the solution person is)… but I’d love an explanation of the mechanism. Is there a page that explains after the deadline?
The other Wendy. :roll:
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

HeadinHome wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:58 am
woozy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:31 pm .... and now that it has been revealed I could use an explanation.

Same her (need an explanation) — I didn’t spend a lot of time on this one because I’m just not hip to the puzzle constructor world (don’t know who the solution person is)… but I’d love an explanation of the mechanism. Is there a page that explains after the deadline?
The solution doesn't seem to be up on Will's Pandora Blocks site yet. (https://pandorasblocks.org/metapuzzles)
But here are some snips from the email he sent out with this week's puzzle -- those always include the previous week's solution.

Capturexplain1.PNG
Capturexplain2.PNG
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

whimsy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:21 am

The solution doesn't seem to be up on Will's Pandora Blocks site yet. (https://pandorasblocks.org/metapuzzles)
But here are some snips from the email he sent out with this week's puzzle -- those always include the previous week's solution.

Capturexplain1.PNG
Capturexplain2.PNG
I didn't even notice the first letter went at the end of the last word!
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

'Twas wacky that, within cross-world, there are really only 2 constructor names that elicit widespread awe and devotion, and both were the basis of a different meta recently, between this one and Henry Hook's name being used as the jumping-off point for the MGW a week or 2 ago.

But only Merl got to be on The Simpsons...
250px-Merl_Reagle.png
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

man i am reaaaally a rookie then. never heard of either. but i know who Mike Shenk, Matt Gaffney, Will Short, and Patrick Berry are!
The other Wendy. :roll:
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

HeadinHome wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:21 am man i am reaaaally a rookie then. never heard of either. but i know who Mike Shenk, Matt Gaffney, Will Short, and Patrick Berry are!
Same. Though I also know Cox and Rathvon who are more famous for cryptics.