"Before and After" April 17, 2022

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

DINO ME! I had to ponder a bit. Clever.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
KayW

Post by KayW »

:sauropod: Very clever!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
rjy

Post by rjy »

Dino me - enjoyed it!

Now to go back and finish last week’s :?
Ray
Tom Shea

Post by Tom Shea »

Got it after failing miserably last week.
Rufus T. Firefly
auee89

Post by auee89 »

Got it with a confirming nudge on the mechanism from a helpful muggle.
Kevin
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well here's a fine kettle of fish....

I must be overthinking it, perhaps putting aside so I can let my subconscious work on it. :?
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Well, thanks to @BarbaraK I am off the couch. I had the first step, didn't quite know where to go from there, and am now slapping myself upside the head.

Thanks for the puzzle Will and Jeff!
Heidi
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Nudged. Dinoed.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
edestlin

Post by edestlin »

Dino me! Thanks @hcbirker for the nudge!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Like others, I was stymied for a bit about what to do with what I had.
But he's out now --
Capturedinoquiz.PNG
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

That subconscious thing works, came to me while emptying the cat boxes and taking out the garbage (no offense Will, that may be the least noxious place and activity that answers have arrived during!). I literally could not have made that harder than it was. I had the initial idea hours ago but didn't put it together...I've heard the word but in the context it had little meaning for me. Nice puzzle though, another new constructor takes their first steps - the future is bright for metas!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

Got it (after staring at it confusedly for a while, and thinking this is easy?). Fun puzzle.
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Solved and confirmed! This is the first Pandora we have attempted and it was very enjoyable. Thanks! We hesitated after reading Dr Tom's comment #31, "I've heard the word but in the context it had little meaning for me", and thought we had it wrong.
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

Hoping for post-enlightenment. I see "something", but haven't figured out the next step.
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Forgot I did this grid Tuesday (I think) and started thinking on it but didn’t finish the meta. Looked at it today and there it was! Great idea for a mechanism, well executed. Now, can someone please spell the constructor’s last name phonetically? That is a doozy.
The other Wendy. :roll: