#723 - "Look for the Crook"

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
Prozach

Post by Prozach »

Beamed up
patpatchica

Post by patpatchica »

Beamed up at #469. I finally had time today to work on it! I enjoyed this one! It felt like a true Week 2 meta. :)
Overthinking is my super power. 8-)
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

This was a busy weekend and today I took my first serious look at Week 2 #723.

BrennerTJ

Post by BrennerTJ »

Found! A lot of elbows in there...
Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 8.39.09 AM.png
-Tamara
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

So there’s the nice, pretty, professional looking reveal with the computer generated grid and all the highlighting perfectly in the squares. Then there’s the vacation blank grid, all by hand, barely legible reveal:
021C90B2-2FF6-444F-92BE-50CBEA3AE40C.jpeg
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
mindle

Post by mindle »

BarbaraK wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:53 pm So there’s the nice, pretty, professional looking reveal with the computer generated grid and all the highlighting perfectly in the squares. Then there’s the vacation blank grid, all by hand, barely legible reveal:
I love this! Great idea - I'm going on a trip this summer and won't be able to print, so am going to try this!
SJMcK

Post by SJMcK »

Yeah, so I found all the crooked ARMs and immediately though “ARMED ROBBER. Very clever!” I even wondered briefly why there were so many ARMS in the grid, but I was still mighty pleased with myself as I clicked “submit” on ARMED ROBBER. It was only after my name failed to appear in the leaderboard that I took another look at the grid and found the PURSE SNATCHER.

Steven McKinney