1st Pre-release MOAT Pack

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
benchen71

1st Pre-release MOAT Pack

Post by benchen71 »

Hi MOAT fans!

I've put together a pack of upcoming MOATs that I am making available for purchase. I've got metas ready to go well into 2023; now you have the opportunity to get ahead and see what's coming! US$10 gets you a pack of 12 meta puzzles - with PUZ and PDF files - including nudges and solutions.

To purchase, go to my website: https://www.ephesusscroll.com/about/interest4.html

There's a PayPal button on this page. Just click it to purchase. Note that the process of getting the puzzles to you is a manual one. You should get your puzzles (emailed to the address you include in the purchase process) within 24 hours.

I hope you don't mind me doing this. There is absolutely no need for you to purchase the pack. The included puzzles will be released here at XWord Muggles... eventually. But I just wanted to see if I could make some pocket-money, and recoup a little something for all the time I've put into puzzle creation!

MOAT.jpg
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

And just to whet your appetite, here's a list of the meta puzzle titles:

Egocentrism
Online Shopping
Risky Business
Anomalies
E Is For Extraneous
Music Of The Heart
Equivocation
Complete The Square
Water Water Everywhere
Better Together
When You Get Right Down To It
Obscure For A Reason
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

I'm in...
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Subscribed.
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
KayW

Post by KayW »

I can resist anything but temptation. And metas.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

I can't recommend this suite highly enough!! Great metas with some never-before-seen (by me, anyway) mechanisms. @benchen71, I've solved 11 of the 12 (without looking at the nudges) and only need to get ""When You Get Right Down To It." I'm trying to get that one without a nudge, but I may break down today. Also I need to check to see if the answers to the other 11 were correct. Bottom line, a great package; well worth the money!