#722 - “I Kid”

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

And here's my Utica story. One of the writers, John Frink, was born in my hometown (Whitesboro), and I have a signed copy of a production script from "Treehouse of Horror XI." Then of course there's the episode where Homer drives through (and derides) Utica, here.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Al Sisti wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:55 pm And here's my Utica story. One of the writers, John Frink, was born in my hometown (Whitesboro), and I have a signed copy of a production script from "Treehouse of Horror XI." Then of course there's the episode where Homer drives through (and derides) Utica, here.
Wait. John Frink -- is that where they got Professor Frink's name??
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Wendy Walker wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:33 am
Al Sisti wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:55 pm And here's my Utica story. One of the writers, John Frink, was born in my hometown (Whitesboro), and I have a signed copy of a production script from "Treehouse of Horror XI." Then of course there's the episode where Homer drives through (and derides) Utica, here.
Wait. John Frink -- is that where they got Professor Frink's name??
Yep...
woozy

Post by woozy »

My favorite mention of Utica was "Well, not in Utica; it's more of an Albany expression"
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.