ACPT

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Wow!!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
docison

Post by docison »

mkmf wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:02 pm Congratulations to @docison ! He came in 8th overall at the ACPT!!!

Here's the link to all standings:
https://crosswordtournament.com/2023/standings/rank.htm

Dan Feyer edged out Paolo for the final win by one second!
Thanks for the kind words! It was a great tournament, as always! Great to see @Leslie and @AaronT

And let's not forget our very own @BrianMac - he won the Best Handwriting Award. That one always elicits a standing O from the judges and is truly an unattainable honor as far as I'm concerned - Brian, what does your handwriting look like? I need a picture!
AaronT

Post by AaronT »

Leslie wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:18 pm Yay, Adam!! So happy to meet you and AaronT in real life this morning!
Great to meet you, as well! What a nice surprise 🙂
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

docison wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:15 pm Thanks for the kind words! It was a great tournament, as always! Great to see @Leslie and @AaronT

And let's not forget our very own @BrianMac - he won the Best Handwriting Award. That one always elicits a standing O from the judges and is truly an unattainable honor as far as I'm concerned - Brian, what does your handwriting look like? I need a picture!
Congratulations @docison! That is truly an amazing accomplishment!

This was one of my most fun years at the tournament. I sat next to and chatted with Peter Gordon both days. He is a really nice and funny guy, and everyone knows him, so there was a constant stream of crossword celebrities stopping by to chat.

I gave up solving for speed a long time ago and elected to go for aesthetics instead. It satisfies some artistic itch I have and at least gives me a chance to win a trophy. It is the only award not based on speed, but it is still surprisingly hard to win.
docison

Post by docison »

That is amazing.
mkmf

Post by mkmf »

(Re: Post #24 by @BrianMac )
Wow Brian!!!
Those are beautiful!
Congratulations!