MEOW #65 Matters of the Heart

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
DrTom

MEOW #65 Matters of the Heart

Post by DrTom »

Well, didn’t I win the lotto this week, MMM and the MEOW! While Josh pursues his advanced degree I am only too happy to jump in and gain some self-gratification by trotting out another Tom puzzle. This is pretty “kitteny” but hopefully fun.

The answer to the meta may lead to a broken heart, so tread lightly and pack your tissues…cue “Love Story” theme. “what can you say about a 15 x 15 Grid who tried…”

Matters of the Heart PUZ

Matters of the Heart PDF

Matters of the Heart - boring, non-photo version PDF

Matters of the Heart spreadsheet

love-story-2-2000.jpg
PLEASE NOTE: The above picture is included only for it's humorous and punny nature (well THERE'S a surprise) and not because it relates to the answer!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Oh - and to those who have gotten used to seeing the picture of the grid (and if I could have made it look like Ali McGraw I would have) here it is!

NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
rjy

Post by rjy »

A first first for me! Cat's out of the bag (still noodling Monday's and Tuesday's tho...)
Ray
Darth

Post by Darth »

Aww... feeling all kitteny... and (bag) free! :D
Attachments
OLjPdFx.jpg
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Darth wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:14 am Aww... feeling all kitteny... and (bag) free! :D
Oh my goodness, it's Alley McCat!
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Fun one - cat's gone!
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

I believe the cat’s out of the bag - will update when confirmed (or denied). Thanks for the puzzle (again!), Dr. Tom!

Edit: confirmed
Last edited by MarkWoychick on Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
Meg

Post by Meg »

Awaiting confirmation that the cat has shredded the sack. Nice puzzle, Dr. T!
Confirmed.
Last edited by Meg on Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Solved. Submitted. We will see how the CaT scan and EKG turn out.

The cat is out of the bag and its heart is in great shape.
Last edited by lbray53 on Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
boharr

Post by boharr »

I have submitted an answer that I hope will free the cat.
EDIT: Confirmed. Fun one. Thanks, DrTom.
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Out of the bag…thanks Dr. Tom!
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

My cat is poking his head out of the bag, and it sure looks like he wants to be free.

cat in bag.jpg

EDIT: Yep, he's gone!
Last edited by Cap'n Rick on Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Cat's gone. Thanks Dr. Tom!
Heidi
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Off the couch, or off the cat, or off the tracks again. I know I am off something.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Submitted and confirmed ... and topped by a rekindled 50-year crush on Ali MacGraw. Thanks, Dr. Tom, for allowing me to be 14 again. (I suppose future puzzles will include Genevieve Bujold, Diana Rigg, Jacqueline Bisset and Ursula Andress?)
madhatter5

Post by madhatter5 »

Excited to see picture grids are finally taking off!
https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Tom Wilson wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:05 pm Submitted and confirmed ... and topped by a rekindled 50-year crush on Ali MacGraw. Thanks, Dr. Tom, for allowing me to be 14 again. (I suppose future puzzles will include Genevieve Bujold, Diana Rigg, Jacqueline Bisset and Ursula Andress?)
Hey wait a minute...did you sneak a look at my dorm wall? You did forget Raquel Welch though...
Dow Jones

Post by Dow Jones »

The cat is out of the bag. Enjoyable meta. Is the girl in the image on the grid someone famous ?
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

WHOOPS!

A sharp eyed Muggle just asked me, "Did you mean to clue 48A as Currency in Tehran, and the answer is OF COURSE I DID DANG IT!

If people have been struggling or thinking "what is he talking about, that's not right, is he going mad!!" I have two things to say (1) Sorry and (2) What do you mean going...?

Pretend like you didn't see 48A and that the clue said Currency of Tehran

It has no effect on the meta, just on my ego.