"Front-End Alignment"

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

DrTom wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:52 am
Be sure you pop over to the MEOW if you want another dose of me! (luckily I am not habit forming...which in my case naturally would entail sewing a lot of black material together)
"Good one, DrTom!"
Capturegoodonepetey.PNG
HunterX

Post by HunterX »

I do believe I have abandoned the rabbit holes and left the couch. How did rabbits ever get into this couch and dig so many holes anyway? Serves me right for buying a couch with Down cushions off a Ship on the Water.. going backwards, I guess.... (That was too much of a stretch even for me. You may groan now.)

Awaiting confirmation.

Edit: Confirmed.
Last edited by HunterX on Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjy

Post by rjy »

DrTom wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:52 am Be sure you pop over to the MEOW if you want another dose of me! (luckily I am not habit forming...which in my case naturally would entail sewing a lot of black material together)
I did pop over, debagged the feline and am back, likely to hang around for awhile.

So. Many. Rabbit holes.

Will be anxious to hear the post-puzzle commentary as to whether all this was intentional. But DrTom did not disappoint with his cluing :lol:
Ray
minimuggle

Post by minimuggle »

Enjoyed the puzzle. Thanks so much! I might be off the couch but waiting confirmation.

Confirmed. I am indeed happily off the couch and enjoying a sunny day here in NYC
Last edited by minimuggle on Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Wednesday Morning (OK, afternoon, I got busy with the MEOW, sorry) Nudges

NUDGES:
Nudge 1: Don’t think of the title as just a title. Think of it as a suggestion.

Nudge 2: The original name of this was Alpha and Omega

Nudge 3: Automobile manufacturer, where did I say automobile manufacturer?
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

HunterX wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:52 am I do believe I have abandoned the rabbit holes and left the couch. How did rabbits ever get into this couch and dig so many holes anyway? Serves me right for buying a couch with Down cushions off a Ship on the Water.. going backwards, I guess.... (That was too much of a stretch even for me. You may groan now.)

Awaiting confirmation.

Edit: Confirmed.
Au contraire, that doesn't warrent a groan, you were just being bunny....
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

whimsy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:05 am
DrTom wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:52 am
Be sure you pop over to the MEOW if you want another dose of me! (luckily I am not habit forming...which in my case naturally would entail sewing a lot of black material together)
"Good one, DrTom!"
Capturegoodonepetey.PNG
Nun of that now Woozy.... Whimsy

(Whoops what weirdo waylaid Whimsy?)

Sorry, too much typing and I believe there is a loose nut on my keyboard.
Last edited by DrTom on Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Dragged off the couch by a kind and patient Muggle. Thanks for the puzzle, and the kindness & patience @DrTom!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Nothing on the meta yet, but @DrTom is hilarious and just brightened my day!

EDIT: Took the first two nudges, but that isn't enough yet! I'll be chewing a bit more before I take the third. I have something I'm trying to shoehorn, but I don't think it's relevant. (Welcome to metas.)
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 93. Person of Letters
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Got the answer after the discussion during Tuesday evening's Muggle call! Thanks, Dr. Tom!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Solved thanks to a very patient and helpful muggle friend. Even though we got the answer, I don't really understand the logic of the mechanism. But, heck, I'm new at this.
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I'm off the couch - unconfirmed confident due to the elegant construction.

Now need to see about that MEOW.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

ship4u wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:53 pm Solved thanks to a very patient and helpful muggle friend. Even though we got the answer, I don't really understand the logic of the mechanism. But, heck, I'm new at this.
Oh heck, you may be new at it but trying to make sense of my logic has baffled many people for many years. You are in good company there, just as you are here.

As my wife once commented, "had chaos theory not already been a physics term, it probably would be co-opted to describe your thinking" - gotta love her, she puts up with me.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Dplass wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:58 pm Dragged off the couch by a kind and patient Muggle. Thanks for the puzzle, and the kindness & patience @DrTom!
No more than you have done for me in the past.

It's official, you have gotten off the couch to take the lifeboat to the shore where you crossed the moat and unleashed the cat and now you are both waiting, and making puns of a kind to pass the time, to beam up.

Did I miss any metaphors?
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Alrighty then...Day 2

Things are aligning up nicely, we have seven more that have left the comfort of the couch:

30 HunterX
31 minimuggle
32 Dplass
33 Laura M
34 Wendy Walker
35 ship4u
36 BarbaraK

Plus I know there are still some working on it assiduously. I'll post another nudge or two on Friday if people are still pondering. Tomorrow I'll be out most of the day so if I do not reply to your PM immediately, please don't despair. It will be pretty evident if you have the right answer.

So goodnight and good luck
HunterX

Post by HunterX »

DrTom wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:18 pm
ship4u wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:53 pm Solved thanks to a very patient and helpful muggle friend. Even though we got the answer, I don't really understand the logic of the mechanism. But, heck, I'm new at this.
Oh heck, you may be new at it but trying to make sense of my logic has baffled many people for many years. You are in good company there, just as you are here.

As my wife once commented, "had chaos theory not already been a physics term, it probably would be co-opted to describe your thinking" - gotta love her, she puts up with me.
I'd say your logic is "logically illogical," and in a good way. Which is to say, I get it completely.

And as for the mechanism, once I saw it, it was a 100%'er for me.

As for your wife's comment on chaos theory... I will only answer under the Cone of Silence. But if you Get Smart, and solve Maxwell's equation, then 99 times out of a hundred, I'll 86 my comments.
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Got it! Thanks to a Tuesday night zoom-room private message from Tamara. I would join in the punning now but I haven’t finished my first mug of coffee.

Now starting MEOW.
Last edited by HeadinHome on Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The other Wendy. :roll:
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Ha! Got it. Great puzzle.
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

Great idea for the mechanism; I can't recall coming across it before.
Last edited by Bird Lives on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Bird Lives wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:27 am Great idea for the mechanism; I can't recall coming a cross it before.
That's exactly what I thought, too!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!