"Entertainment Centers" - November 28, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Dino me.
Got to it late - Chanuka celebtrations came first this week.
I did need V2, though!
Happy Chanuka to all who celebrate!
KayW

Post by KayW »

:sauropod: thanks to the remedial version
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Do we need to re-solve the grid to see the difference? I did the grid soon after publication on Crosshare, and I have (unfilled) EC and ECwithHint PDFs tiled on Adobe Acrobat right now and maybe I need the font size bigger but I do not see a single difference between the 2. And I was always pretty good at that page in Highlights Magazine when I was a kid...

Edit: D'OH! I see something now....
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

I thought I knew what to do but keep getting gibberish.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Dplass wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:00 pm I thought I knew what to do but keep getting gibberish.
Me, too. I'll bet we have the right method but are applying it in the wrong way.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

The grid is the same between the two versions.

Wendy and Dplas ... you aren't using everything Will provided.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
AnswerPfinder

Post by AnswerPfinder »

Hi friends!

Sorry for the impossibly hard first version and the confusion over the second one. Hopefully it's still a fun solve, even if it is a bit more challenging than I had originally intended.

For those that aren't on the email list, the second version (with the hint) is now also available on the PB website: https://pandorasblocks.org/entertainmentcenters

Thanks for solving!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Solved after a nudge from Will. Thanks for the puzzle!
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Wendy Walker wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:50 pm
Dplass wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:00 pm I thought I knew what to do but keep getting gibberish.
Me, too. I'll bet we have the right method but are applying it in the wrong way.
I bet I'm in the same spot as I have 8 letters that look like they should make a word but alas....
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Needed the easier version, but solved it. 🦕
Cindy Heisler
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Got it, thanks to encouragement from the Tuesday night Zoom crew. I was on the right track but made a foolish misstep.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Meg

Post by Meg »

Wendy Walker wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:31 am Got it, thanks to encouragement from the Tuesday night Zoom crew. I was on the right track but made a foolish misstep.
I knew you would find your way!
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

MikeM000 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:50 am
Wendy Walker wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:50 pm
I bet I'm in the same spot as I have 8 letters that look like they should make a word but alas....
From the "MORON!" files - likely because it was the first one in the list, I never use WADS keys, and I associated D with "Down", I saw with the solution yesterday that the T in my TDARNILA should have been a C, as I do-si-doed down-right-down instead of right-down-right... Sigh. :)