"Connect Four" May 5, 2023

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Darth

Post by Darth »

On Naboo. May the fours be with you! :lol: :roll:
Last edited by Darth on Thu May 04, 2023 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBMiller

Post by DBMiller »

ajk wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:12 pm I find it hard to believe that there are going to be multiple answers to this. I just looked at a fairly long list of possibles and there's maybe one other that you could argue for, though even then I think there's a slight flaw.
Yeah, I've got two alternates that are a bit of a stretch, and went with the obvious.
If I'm around, I am willing to join the Muggle Zoom room at other times to lend a hand to those in need.
norrin2

Post by norrin2 »

On shore!
SJMcK

Post by SJMcK »

Ashore!

I’m with the folks who don’t think there are multiple possible solutions. Took me quite a while to find the one.

Steven McKinney
sjm

Post by sjm »

Pretty sure I'm ashore! Will treat myself to a drink on the assumption that I am correct!
Tina

Post by Tina »

On shore.
Trish

Post by Trish »

Had a little trouble with the grid but pretty sure we are on shore now. We just feel we need to solidify our answer somehow.
chriscross

Post by chriscross »

On shore! Got a late start and the meta also took me a while. It's one of those that would have driven me crazy if the right idea didn't pop into my head.

I am at a loss for alternative answers, and think it must be this one. If others fit, though, I'm confident they'll accept them.
Merry Potter

Post by Merry Potter »

On the beach... Feeling like a Jawa juice!!
If I don't win a mug, I can always make one... ;) but it won't have the same cachet.
LesY

Post by LesY »

Solved and ashore.
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

I believe I'm onshore, but a little tentative about this one. Answer seems to work, but as others have said, really wishing there was a solid click. Not submitting just yet, but beer me nonetheless.
Matthew
cheekumbaldy

Post by cheekumbaldy »

Wow, this is my first time making it to shore by page 3. Worth at least one Guinness!
Lee-Ann

Post by Lee-Ann »

Glad to see so many others are not 100% confident in their solutions. I believe I am onshore, but I would like to find something else to solidify my solution.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

On the beach! G & T me... in about 8 hours time. :D
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
schmidzy

Post by schmidzy »

Ashore!
Omnibus

Post by Omnibus »

Happily ashore. Rather quick solve.
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Ashore4us! We had a tough time trying to "Connect" with this one. The first beach that we swam to was so deserted, the only living organisms were bunches of seaweed. So, we swam back to the ship and joined Isaac for another round.

It took a while, but we finally made it to shore!
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

ship4u wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:19 pm Ashore4us! We had a tough time trying to "Connect" with this one. The first beach that we swam to was so deserted, the only living organisms were bunches of seaweed. So, we swam back to the ship and joined Isaac for another round.

Sounds like the @The XWord Rabbit might finally be getting some love this week?
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
KayW

Post by KayW »

:tropical_drink: :desert_island: Ashore.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
The XWord Rabbit

Post by The XWord Rabbit »

BarbaraK wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:24 pm
ship4u wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:19 pm Ashore4us! We had a tough time trying to "Connect" with this one. The first beach that we swam to was so deserted, the only living organisms were bunches of seaweed. So, we swam back to the ship and joined Isaac for another round.

Sounds like the @The XWord Rabbit might finally be getting some love this week?
His paws are crossed.