"Be Transformed" - June 3, 2022

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

No puzzle progress here.
Cynthia
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

ashore4us! We are on the beach and I hope it's the correct beach!

EDIT: Confirmed to be on the correct beach by a fellow muggle super-solver! I can't believe we solved this one quickly and almost made page 2! When the bar opens, the first round is on us.
Last edited by ship4u on Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Ashore!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Took my usual quick crack at it before my 5 PM meeting... nothing clicked. Picked it up again this morning... Nothing, nothing, wait a second, holy crap, 100% (in that order).
NebFaninCA

Post by NebFaninCA »

Took forever but count me on shore!
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

After the rush of the AHA! first thing this morning, 62A put us in the mood to celebrate. So we ordered some fresh Jumbo Lump Crabmeat from the Eastern Shore of Maryland and plan on enjoying some homemade crab cakes tomorrow!
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
Bonnibel

Post by Bonnibel »

I think I've got it!!!

A bit more challenging this week - great fun however!

Cheers to all, let's all have a great weekend.
🌴🍹
EVJ

Post by EVJ »

On the ship with Isaac and quite a few other people I recognize. At least I’m in good company.
GTIJohnny

Post by GTIJohnny »

Keeping Isaac company. I tried the "sleep on it" trick and the "take a walk" trick. Nothing yet. Perhaps the "wash the car" trick next.
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

On the ship with Isaac. Took several looks yesterday and today but nothing clicking….
@ship4u those crab cakes sound wonderful… wondering if this ship goes to the Chesapeake Bay Area? 🧐
FrancesY

Post by FrancesY »

Very satisfying solve, even though it took me a long time. Kind of revealed itself in layers.
turbotron

Post by turbotron »

One of the tougher grids of the year so far, and the title puzzle is frustratingly ambiguous. The meta involves a transformation? Well duh.

I'm sure there's something "more than meets the eye" here, but until I see it, just leave the bottle, Isaac.
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Well, for the 3rd week in a row, I'm stuck at the ship's bar. I see something, but just can't see what to do next. Frustrating. My meta mojo appears to have gone on an extended vacation without me.
Matthew
Jace54

Post by Jace54 »

This week appears to be a bust.
meowmiao71

Post by meowmiao71 »

Mmmm....uhhhh....nope. Nada. I see something of interest but don't know what to do with it.
Deb F

Post by Deb F »

Huh. Languishing with Isaac et al. I am all over the place on this one and feeling as if I am, once again, making it much more difficult than it has to be. Of course, if Wendy Walker hasn't gotten it yet and we are still on page 3, maybe it's not so easy. Will keep you posted should I progress off the ship.

Welcome home, Tina!

Good luck, Muggles.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Wendy Walker wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:45 am Have not yet solved, but the even more important news is that my beloved cat Tina (you know her from the Zoom calls) is back home, muddy but safe and sound, after her two-day Grand Adventure outdoors!
Glad you kitty returned :D , I know we would be devastated if one of ours went missing!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Good afternoon muggles

The ship is full of muggles wandering around with glazed eyes. And there is plenty of room on the tenders to shore and at the tiki bar

So far there are 16 on the ship and 33 on the shore

Good luck
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
ricky

Post by ricky »

Ashore. Fell into place quickly - total solving time 14m.
Check out the meta challenge at Lexicon Devil

Latest puzzle: "This Place Looks Familiar," March 7, 2024

Deadline: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12 PM EST
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Deb F wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:22 pm Huh. Languishing with Isaac et al. I am all over the place on this one and feeling as if I am, once again, making it much more difficult than it has to be. Of course, if Wendy Walker hasn't gotten it yet and we are still on page 3, maybe it's not so easy. Will keep you posted should I progress off the ship.

Welcome home, Tina!

Good luck, Muggles.
You are not making it "more difficult than it has to be." It IS a tricky one!
Don & Cynthia