SQUARE CHASE:PAPER JAM

Enter if you dare!
oldjudge

SQUARE CHASE:PAPER JAM

Post by oldjudge »

I don’t know what it is but this puzzle sneaks up on me every week. I do the Cox and Rathvon in the morning, work on some other puzzles in the afternoon, do the WaPo Sunday crossword and think I can finally catch some TV and then this one pops up in my inbox. That said, I’m glad it did. This one is a lot of fun and very creative, to my way of thinking one of the best that I have seen from Steve. I hope the other cryptic addicts, and you know who you are, will enjoy it too.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Enjoyed I did! I agree that these sneak into the inbox. We’re accustomed to an every Saturday or Thursday or whatever day puzzle but because these come on the first and fifteenth of the month they don’t fit the usual pattern. That said, they’re more than welcome.
As for this particular one, after I completed it, I had to Google to see the connection between the top and bottom lines. Should I be embarrassed to admit that?
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

My sons loved those guys so I am familiar with the link. Otherwise, I would have no clue.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

oldjudge wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:07 pm My sons loved those guys so I am familiar with the link. Otherwise, I would have no clue.
Ditto. I remember our boys’ enthusiasm for the “source of the disruption”. Otherwise I’d have been lost.
Naptown Kid

Post by Naptown Kid »

These cryptics are definitely on my rotation through Patreon. I print them out when they come in, then work on them as downtime allows around reading, sports viewing, work and other puzzling. Same as with Maltby’s work in Harper’s, although I fam not suggesting that Steve is at Roger’s construction level. Still, releasing two variety cryptics a month is impressive in its own right.
I am wondering if any of the cryptic afficionados out there have any idea how I could communicate with Steve directly to relay some (positive) comments on his stuff.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Naptown Kid wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:59 pm I am wondering if any of the cryptic afficionados out there have any idea how I could communicate with Steve directly to relay some (positive) comments on his stuff.
Try Steve at steve.mossberg@gmail.com
Naptown Kid

Post by Naptown Kid »

Thanks very much.