ACPTLE

A place to discuss regular (non-meta) crossword puzzles.
Abide

ACPTLE

Post by Abide »

BrianMac wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:38 pm What a great weekend that was! @docison and @dk letter, it was great meeting you guys in person. I'm hoping next year we might be able to get a Muggle group together.

Here is a link to one of the special Wordle puzzles that @802puzzler mentioned: https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/acpt. See if you can beat Will Shortz's score of 100 or the winner's score of 67 (lower is better). I got 127. Unfortunately, I missed the presentation by Josh Wardle, inventor of the game. Everyone said it was a highlight of the weekend though.
I scored 112 (using hard mode rules). Gauntlet thrown!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

103. Also hard mode rules.
But a lot of it is luck, at least with the first word.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

I wondered if anyone would bring this up so I could semi-gloat. (Gloating tempered by realizing the luck involved and also by not playing in hard mode, for what that's worth.)
I was in the low 90's when faced with the final word -- the pressure was on -- amazingly, got it in two. Ended up scoring one point less than Will Shortz, so I was walking tall the other day!
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

I got 100 also…I’m happy!