"Taking Notes" - April 10, 2022

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

After getting step one yesterday, found step two today. Bit of a slog, in my opinion. But I still enjoy Will's efforts!
Heidi
BrennerTJ

Post by BrennerTJ »

🦕
-Tamara
KayW

Post by KayW »

:sauropod: nudged out of the tar pit. Clever!!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Took me awhile. LOVED the unique second step. I had to overcome my expectations to let it work out.

DINO ME
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

WOW Will! Like lbray53 I almost didn't do the right thing because I thought "no way", but just like in Wayne's World, in Will's World it is WAY!

Very unique in all aspects.

I freaked out at first because what I entered came back INCORRECT and I said - HUH? Apparently I need spell check on every aspect of my typing because that was the problem.

Liked it a bunch, if I want to make better puzzles I guess I'm going to have to....
Taking notes.gif
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Anita

Post by Anita »

Dino me! This was clever and fun!
woozy

Post by woozy »

DrTom wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:54 pm WOW Will! Like lbray53 I almost didn't do the right thing because I thought "no way", but just like in Wayne's World, in Will's World it is WAY!
Well, monkeys are flying out of my butt.

And like you, after all that I got an incorrect view a typo as well.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
dot

Post by dot »

Out of the box! Great construction, Will! We needed to use pen and paper for the very last bit, but it was all very logical and intricate - lots of fun! :D
H & J
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

whimsy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:05 am Capturedinopuzzle.PNG

Quite a time puzzling this one out!
Thanks, Will. Super job.
nice challenge and nice photo!
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

I have submitted a correct answer on Crosshare, though I hesitate to say I solved. I came to the answer with assists on both parts one and two. I can say that I solved the grid without check/reveal, so there’s that!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
hoover

Post by hoover »

Still looking for step one over here. :/
Darth

Post by Darth »

Dino me!
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

Solved--very clever. Step one came pretty quickly and then I get stuck (theme of my meta life lately). Then I thought of a possible next step but thought "no way". Well--"way!".
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

I’ll admit it - I’m mystified….Will there be any nudges coming Will?
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
markhr

Post by markhr »

I got step 1, and what I think is step 2. But I am stuck at this point.
edestlin

Post by edestlin »

I'm with MamaE... stumped right now on step 1. Some obvious places to look first, but not sure what to do with them.
woozy

Post by woozy »

One thing about this one is you pretty much have to know how to solve it before you start.

So... before you think about the meta just think about.... language....
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.