Episode #336 Contest: Warning: May Contain Nuts

Meta crosswords from Lollapuzzoola creator and host Brian Cimmet, offered from time to time through the Fill Me In podcast, which is hosted by Mr. Cimmet and Ryan Hecht. More information available here: https://bemoresmarter.com/
bcimmet

Episode #336 Contest: Warning: May Contain Nuts

Post by bcimmet »

There's a new contest puzzle from Fill Me In. I'll rate this one 2.4 bananas on a scale of 5 bananas. (Bananas has nothing to do with the puzzle, it's just a 1-to-5 scale we made up.)

The puzzle is called "Warning: May Contain Nuts" and was constructed by me (Brian Cimmet). The solution to the puzzle is a food. (And seriously, bananas has nothing to do with it, honest.)

The crossword can be downloaded from here. You're welcome to solve and talk about the puzzle -- but if you want to be eligible for a prize, you have to listen to the podcast for this week's password. The podcast can be found on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, our own website, or wherever you collect your podcasts.

Once you've solved the puzzle, submit your answer and this week's password by email to fmi@bemoresmarter.com. You can also contact us with any suggestions, questions, comments, or ideas. Thanks for playing along!
--
Fill Me In, a crossword podcast
Apple Podcasts • RSS Feed • fmi@bemoresmarter.com • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Banana's peeled. Fun one.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Banana's peeled.
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Nice and easy but fun. Nice job Brian!
Meg

Post by Meg »

Banana peeled and in the smoothie.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I did the grid the other day. Saw something, but it didn't lead to a food.

Picked it up again, and it's right there in my notes. 🤦🏻‍♀️
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Was traveling, and got to this one late. Glad I looked for it.

Banana peeled!
bcimmet

Post by bcimmet »

Hello solvers,

The solution to this contest was MACADAMIA (or MACADAMIA NUTS).

Taking a cue from the title, there were four entries in the grid that contained the letters N-U-T-S in some order: SANCTUM, DAUNTS, TSUNAMI, and TUNAS. If you removed the NUTS from each, the leftover letters (ACM, AD, AMI, and A) can be rearranged to spell MACADAMIA.

Thanks for playing! There's another contest puzzle and another post in the forum for it. I hope you give it a try!
--
Fill Me In, a crossword podcast
Apple Podcasts • RSS Feed • fmi@bemoresmarter.com • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram