Rhyme Scheme - February 2022

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
vandono

Post by vandono »

happily on the board with many songs playing in my head now.
Prozach

Post by Prozach »

On the board….and with a mug to boot. Double muggle.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Prozach wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:13 am On the board….and with a mug to boot. Double muggle.
Congratulations!!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

On the board as of yesterday… forgot to post here.
The other Wendy. :roll:
patpatchica

Post by patpatchica »

MMMM newbie here - first puzzle I’ve solved. Quick question: is there an advantage to submitting the Red Herring early in the year? I grew up in the answer’s decade and think I know it, but I’d rather wait for more confirmation if it doesn’t matter when it’s submitted. Thanks.
Overthinking is my super power. 8-)
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

patpatchica wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:03 pm MMMM newbie here - first puzzle I’ve solved. Quick question: is there an advantage to submitting the Red Herring early in the year? I grew up in the answer’s decade and think I know it, but I’d rather wait for more confirmation if it doesn’t matter when it’s submitted. Thanks.
There's no bonus for submitting the Red Herring early, and you only get one guess, so IMO you should wait until you're really sure.

You do get a bonus for submitting the Mega-Meta answer early, the earlier the more bonus points, and you can guess multiple times although wrong guesses cost a point.

I'm amazed that so many people are this sure about the RH this early in the game! I have a guess but I'd only put it at maybe 30% certainty. What are you all seeing that I'm not?? Don't answer that :-)

BTW, this month's cover of "Fernando" is unexpectedly beautiful...
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Prozach wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:13 am On the board….and with a mug to boot. Double muggle.
WAY TO GO, Zach! I just saw the news on Pete's page!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!