AP Math - Bonus Meta

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
KayW

AP Math - Bonus Meta

Post by KayW »

This is a bonus meta puzzle for those who donated to Pete's tip jar by December 28th. It looks like you can still donate to the tip jar, but it sounds like it's too late for that to get you a copy of the puzzle.

The meta for this puzzle is a mathematical symbol.

There's no submission form for this puzzle, and a link to the solution is provided within the email.

Another very clever meta from Pete. A-Plus!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Fun one!
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

Well, I see something.... I'll keep working on it.

EDIT: Oh, OK, I got it. That was fun.
stmv

Post by stmv »

I was mystified at first, but then the light bulb went on and I see it, very nice.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Got it!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

After trying to way over-complicate this, I finally looked at what I had in a different way and saw the answer. Nice.

Now to write and send a nice comment for Pete's promo (because I'm definitely too camera shy to make a recording.)
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Dang - Pete's email summary of the 2021 MMMM/Megameta said there would be a 2022 MMMM starting today ("The first puzzle will come out on January 4th, and then continue the first Tuesday of each month thereafter."), but his web site says January 11th. Anticipation is keeping me waiting...
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

The first puzzle of the year has traditionally (always?) been the second Tuesday in January as Pete closes out the prior year. We just got an announcement with the 2021 winner announced and again mentioning the 2022 MMMM starts next Tuesday (11 Jan).
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

RPardoe wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:10 pm The first puzzle of the year has traditionally (always?) been the second Tuesday in January as Pete closes out the prior year. We just got an announcement with the 2021 winner announced and again mentioning the 2022 MMMM starts next Tuesday (11 Jan).
Right... which was why I was pleasantly surprised to see him say it was starting on January 4th. Ah well, gives me another week to sharpen my pencils and my mind. And to set up a special Megameta section in my notebook that can be added to each month.