MEOW #56 Word Association

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Wow, I wish I could chalk the "no matter which you choose you are right" to the constructor's genius and careful consideration of the other possible answers - but if I did I would burst into flames. I'd like to say that I would NEVER, my love for this forum is a thing that I cherish. Regardless of what else goes on in the world, here it is a time for living and I want to ensure that everything that touches you is as good as it can be. We have to live for the moment because the time it is today and I'm glad the three time loser thing worked out elsewise it would have been no fair at all.

OK, all you Association fans - you now have at least 6 earworms.....he hummed evilly.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

I was late to this one but enjoyed it. Thanks DrTom!

[video][/video]
vandono

Post by vandono »

Someday I will get good at metas, but today is not that day. Still I'll have fun along the way.

I didn't catch that the clues all had relations to specific numbers. Dang. It was right there.

"Three time loser" should've popped for me. There are at least 3 songs with that title: one by Bonnie Raitt, one by Rod the Mod Stewart and one by the late Dan Seals (who was younger brother to Jim Seals of Seals & Croft, and who - prior to his solo country music career - performed as England Dan of England Dan and John Ford Coley). So this is taking me a bit down memory lane and even though I didn't come close to solving the meta, it was all worthwhile. Thanks for that, DrTom! :)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

vandono wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:30 pm Someday I will get good at metas, but today is not that day. Still I'll have fun along the way.

I didn't catch that the clues all had relations to specific numbers. Dang. It was right there.

"Three time loser" should've popped for me. There are at least 3 songs with that title: one by Bonnie Raitt, one by Rod the Mod Stewart and one by the late Dan Seals (who was younger brother to Jim Seals of Seals & Croft, and who - prior to his solo country music career - performed as England Dan of England Dan and John Ford Coley). So this is taking me a bit down memory lane and even though I didn't come close to solving the meta, it was all worthwhile. Thanks for that, DrTom! :)
There was even a Three Time Loser by Wilson Pickett (1967). Now I suppose I could have had a 1 time loser, but that would be a lonesome loser, and he is beaten by the Queen of Hearts every time.... :D (as if you didn't have enough ear worms going!)
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!