"Ball Control" - November 26, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Whenever I have clicked on a SPOILER tag, it not because I’m expecting an actual puzzle spoiler - I’m expecting a tongue-in-cheek funny comment about the current conversation. And this is often, but not always, the case. It would just add to our fun to know we were only to use the SPOILER tag in this way.
And could someone explain how to activate this tag?
hoover

Post by hoover »

MaineMarge wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:47 pm could someone explain how to activate this tag?
BBCode uses square brackets [ ] for its markup, unlike HTML, which uses angle brackets < >. So to make a spoiler, you would type [ spoiler ] except without the spaces, and close it with [ /spoiler ]. If you want different words on your spoiler button, you can use [ spoiler=different words ] and [ /spoiler ].

Somewhere around here there's a help page for BBCode.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

hoover wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:34 pm
MaineMarge wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:47 pm could someone explain how to activate this tag?
BBCode uses square brackets [ ] for its markup, unlike HTML, which uses angle brackets < >. So to make a spoiler, you would type [ spoiler ] except without the spaces, and close it with [ /spoiler ]. If you want different words on your spoiler button, you can use [ spoiler=different words ] and [ /spoiler ].

Somewhere around here there's a help page for BBCode.
To see phpBB coding used in any post or PM, 'quote' the post or PM, then look at the text within the new message box that is generated, which will show all coding.

The following code:

Code: Select all

[spoiler] Hidden 'spoiler' message entered here[/spoiler] 
gives:

Hidden 'spoiler' message entered here

and

Code: Select all

[spoiler=different words] Hidden 'spoiler' message entered here[/spoiler] 
gives:

Hidden 'spoiler' message entered here

Linked at the bottom of most site pages: