WSJ - Rows Garden!

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
auee89

WSJ - Rows Garden!

Post by auee89 »

Here is Saturday's WSJ variety puzzle - Rows Garden

Again, I will be enjoying this one with my Saturday coffee. And taking a needed break from Shenk's Friday xword.
Kevin
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Wow, was that a tough one! The last to fall for me was the magician's comment.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

It was fun. I was temporarily tripped up by the spelling of "Gas pump units in Europe".
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Wendy Walker wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:32 pm Wow, was that a tough one! The last to fall for me was the magician's comment.
Glad to hear your opinion that it was tough, Wendy, since that's how it felt for me too!
Did it over the weekend and while the magician didn't put one over on me, I do remember the Big Baby, among others, giving me a lot of trouble!
And now I'm irritatingly stuck on Benchen's... and it's about flowers!
flyingMoose

Post by flyingMoose »

I thought tougher than usual also. I was tripped up by trying to use the same answer twice. :(
auee89

Post by auee89 »

Agree that this one was tougher. I had problems with the bottom left and getting something that would work that starts with KET . . .
Kevin
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Any of you do Joon Pahk’s Rows Garden and Michael Blake’s Garden Party puzzles? When you opt for their “thorny” and “hardest” versions (respectively), they’re REALLY hard. Sometimes I can get them without help; other times there’s plenty of googling going on.