Behind the Stick

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
boharr

Behind the Stick

Post by boharr »

@Billy M wrote: "I'm glad to be back behind the stick" ......

And it got me wondering how many Muggles have tended bar?
SReh26

Post by SReh26 »

boharr wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:04 pm @Billy M wrote: "I'm glad to be back behind the stick" ......

I’m guessing Maine Marge and Heidi havent! 😉 Nor have I.
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

I have put several through college.
SReh26

Post by SReh26 »

Al Sisti wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:40 pm I have put several through college.
Oh first I thought you had three kids who became bartenders! 🤦‍♀️
Duh, now I get it!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

SReh26 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:23 pm
boharr wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:04 pm @Billy M wrote: "I'm glad to be back behind the stick" ......

Ya never know --
Years back a woman joined the staff at our child care center -- middle aged, never married, seemed to attend church often, and some were speculating that she was a former nun. No, but she'd been a bar tender, as it turned out. :D
SReh26

Post by SReh26 »

whimsy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:09 pm

Ya never know --
Years back a woman joined the staff at our child care center -- middle aged, never married, seemed to attend church often, and some were speculating that she was a former nun. No, but she'd been a bar tender, as it turned out. :D
So true. I love the differences between what people speculate vs reality! Which is part of why I love being called for jury duty voir dire. You sit in a room with people drawing your own conclusions and then - the most intimate details revealed! Often surprisingly different from what one assumed.

I’m still willing to wager re Marge and Heidi though. 😂
Dannyvee

Post by Dannyvee »

As a restaurateur you’ll often find me behind the stick…or washing dishes, or hosting or cooking…whatever is needed any given day. Love it!
I can be found in Sheridan, NY, veejaying. (8)
Billy M

Post by Billy M »

Dannyvee wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:55 am As a restaurateur you’ll often find me behind the stick…or washing dishes, or hosting or cooking…whatever is needed any given day. Love it!
That's the way it goes, and I love it as well. An owner, manager, gm, etc often carries the place and ends up working every position and then some. At one point or another I've worked every position in a restaurant, in addition to being resident electrician, software programmer, carpenter, plumber, tiler, logistical engineer, furniture builder, cement pourer, and so on and so forth.

As for me, I spent 13 years in the corporate world before stepping out of that and stepping in to the restaurant world. Every day is an adventure, and it suits my entire skill set as a human better than anything I did previously. Plus I get to have great conversations with differing people from all over the place all day long.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

I only tend bar at home. :D
Heidi