A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Benicia, CA
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:11 pm
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:39 am
- Location: Jamaica Plain, MA
I deny Evan screwed up. (8)
- Posts: 232
- Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 2:19 am
- Location: Bellevue, WA
I agree with @Joe Ross that it could have been more difficult. Though I don't think I would have gotten it without anything in there to help me.
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 pm
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 pm
Must be five o'clock somewhere.
- Posts: 894
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:51 pm
- Location: Saline, Michigan
And scorching! If you think of our back deck as the shore. I love these summer evenings. But tonight? Maybe too hot. Yes, too hot -- in Michigan!
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 am
Ashore, going to be a crowded beach!
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 pm
- Location: Urbana, Ohio
On shore - nice mechanism.
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:33 pm
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:07 pm
on shore, i'm pretty sure...
Averting musical theatre emergencies since 1976.
- Posts: 190
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:39 am
Done and dusted. All I can say is Wow! Quite a puzzle!
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 6:44 pm
- Location: Stamford, CT
What the WHAT?! How did he come up with this? We had a guess but couldn’t get the click we needed, and after another look, we went another way and are now confidently on shore. Very cool puzzle, and I’m glad my ineptitude in French wasn’t a factor this week!
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:38 pm
- Posts: 744
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:43 pm
- Location: NYC
Joe Ross is right. Changing [redacted] would have made this one more difficult. How much more difficult, I have no idea.
It doesn't seem quite right that a puzzle that has an original idea/mechanism (at least I haven't seen it before) and that was probably a bit difficult to compose should have be so easy for solvers.
Last edited by Bird Lives
on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 746
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 am
- Location: Pasadena, CA
Not my wheelhouse but safely ashore. Two Guinnesses? I’d love that.
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 2:39 pm
- Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Well, we didn't really expect to get to page one, given the challenge this week..
But, we're ashore!!
Rita and George
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:25 pm
Holy cow! Ashore after staying on la mer last week.
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:24 pm
- Location: New York, NY