Muggle Zoom Account

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Muggle Zoom Account

Post by Bob cruise director »

Muggles
For the last few months we have been relying on Sal’s zoom (yourpalSal) account for our Tuesday get togethers. This has worked great for which we are very appreciative but our muggle community has expanded so we are going to get a muggle zoom account so we don't' interfere with Sal's other Zoom needs . The objectives of the zoom account are to support the following activities:
Our Tuesday get togethers
Special Muggle meetups like our upcoming Q&A with Matt Gaffney
Be a site where muggles can meet in person and collaborate on solving any of the metas such as the WSJ, MGWCC, MMM, MEOW and any others which may be of interest.
To this end, we are creating a muggle zoom site that we can all use. We are still working on the details but the plan is this:
For the Tuesday get togethers, the link for a repeating meeting will be posted. The meeting will continue to be open to all for discussion of any and all metas
For the Matt Gaffney Q&A, we will have a special link for just that event
For the collaboration the details are still being worked out but Zoom has a feature for breakout meetings that we will use and it will allow two or more muggles to have a private breakout room to meet.

While we want to have this link freely accessible to all muggles, we can’t make it open to everyone for everything as zoom has a limit of only two meetings going on at the same time.

The goal is to have this capability up and running in the next week or so.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Meg

Post by Meg »

2 questions.
How will we pay for it?
2 concurrent meetings, but unlimited break out rooms?
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

We have the money we raised earlier this year. Thanks to everyone's generosity, the cost of a Zoom account is well within that budget.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Meg wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:01 pm 2 questions.
How will we pay for it?
Meg
At this point, I am working on getting it set up. We can work the money issue later.

The more I have looked into it, the breakout rooms are not as clean as I had hoped but it is a work in progress.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
boharr

Post by boharr »

I don't Zoom, Tweet, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tiki's Tok, You Tube, or whatever. But if you all ned some more cash to set this up, I'm in.
zacmoretz

Post by zacmoretz »

Did I miss the Matt Gaffney meet and greet? Did I understand that there was also going to be some sort of similar type thing with Mike? Details please, thank you!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

zacmoretz wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:21 pm Did I miss the Matt Gaffney meet and greet? Did I understand that there was also going to be some sort of similar type thing with Mike? Details please, thank you!
No details, yet, and you DID NOT miss it. 🙂
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!
SReh26

Post by SReh26 »

zacmoretz wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:21 pm Did I miss the Matt Gaffney meet and greet? Did I understand that there was also going to be some sort of similar type thing with Mike? Details please, thank you!
Is it going to be called, Meet Your Tormentor? 🙄😄
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Zac
It will be June 29th at 7:30pm Eastern time. It will be an opportunity to ask Matt almost anything you want about his metas. The link to the Q&A qill be coming out in a couple of weeks.

Bob
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

How will we pay for it?
Meg
Differentiate between "breakout" rooms and people randomly entering and forming up with 1-2 other definite people.

Zoom is setup for breakout rooms where you have a fixed group in the meeting and you want to divide them up into subgroups for a period of time. You can preassign the groups or let zoom randomly pick them out.

People have been entering the zoom site. I want to find out tonight what they do and how it is working out.

Bob
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Meg

Post by Meg »

Bob cruise director wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:35 pm
How will we pay for it?
Meg
Differentiate between "breakout" rooms and people randomly entering and forming up with 1-2 other definite people.

Zoom is setup for breakout rooms where you have a fixed group in the meeting and you want to divide them up into subgroups for a period of time. You can preassign the groups or let zoom randomly pick them out.

People have been entering the zoom site. I want to find out tonight what they do and how it is working out.

Bob
I’m thinking there are 12 people Zooming Thursday evening and 3 of them want to have their own meeting to discuss the WSJ puzzle. Can one of them create a breakout room and put the other 2 in it? The other 9 people don’t want to talk about the WSJ puzzle. It’s too early for them.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Meg wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:23 pm
Bob cruise director wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:35 pm
How will we pay for it?
Meg

Bob
I’m thinking there are 12 people Zooming Thursday evening and 3 of them want to have their own meeting to discuss the WSJ puzzle. Can one of them create a breakout room and put the other 2 in it? The other 9 people don’t want to talk about the WSJ puzzle. It’s too early for them.
I don't know. Have one of the contact me and I can probably create a meeting for them and make one of them the cohost.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Mulligan

Post by Mulligan »

Is there a zoom tonight? I've some posts about a Tuesday zoom but wasn't sure of the details.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Mulligan wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:32 pm Is there a zoom tonight? I've some posts about a Tuesday zoom but wasn't sure of the details.
ABSOLUTELY there is a meeting!

Topic: Muggle Weekly Meeting
07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join the Muggle Weekly Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 830 5701 0873

Passcode: 707028

You should not need the meeting ID or the passcode but here it is. I will be on early on Tuesday so if you have any problems, PM me and we will work them out.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Mulligan wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:32 pm Is there a zoom tonight? I've some posts about a Tuesday zoom but wasn't sure of the details.
However since @Wendy Walker did not provide you with the link, here it is

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83057010873?p ... gwZWJ3QT09

good for every week.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Bob cruise director wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 pm
However since @Wendy Walker did not provide you with the link, here it is

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83057010873?p ... gwZWJ3QT09

good for every week.
Details, details! :shock:
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Trish

Post by Trish »

Just checked in on the zoom mtg to confirm my answer. Count me ashore!