"Overlaps" - March 5, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
shalmanezer

Post by shalmanezer »

March meta coming in like a lamb. Kind of looking forward to lions again.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well I am pretty sure I solved it, it really could be few other things. BUT, I have a small nit to pick with the constructor because there is the possibility of some momentary reluctance to commit.

But I'm going to say, for the sake of counting and because I submitted, ASHORE
toes in sand.jpg
Last edited by DrTom on Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Streroto

Post by Streroto »

Ashore and happy. Had trouble seeing what you all were seeing then the aha came. Pretty challenging grid I thought.

Stay well all
Notbitter

Post by Notbitter »

On shore.
Kevan

Post by Kevan »

Coasted easily to shore this week.
Jaclyn

Post by Jaclyn »

On shore as well.
WSJosh

Post by WSJosh »

On shore, enjoying a Vieux Carré.
EVJ

Post by EVJ »

Ashore! I should have seen it sooner!!
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

As great as it is to make it ashore if is even better to get your first covid vaccine dose! I was at "my" pharmacy picking up my scrips. I asked the tech about getting on a waiting list. The pharmacist overheard and said they had one dose from a no-show and did I want it since they hadn't heard back from anyone they had called. Of course I did!
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

EVJ wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:26 pm Ashore! I should have seen it sooner!!
Reading all the comments, apparently I should have seen it sooner, too. Sadly, I haven't seen it yet. Hoping for post-enlightenment.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

On shore. Warm in Houston today. Got the pool ready for spring break, still trimming back dead plants, and planting new ones. A long ways to go.
Beth C

Post by Beth C »

Safely ashore again this week. Grid and meta both not too easy, not too hard. Celebrating tonight with a pour of E H Taylor small batch bourbon.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Will celebrate with a Black Negroni this weekend. I was not familiar with "Negroni" so I had to look it up. Just looking at the two words; it appears to be repetitive and redundant.
boharr

Post by boharr »

LadyBird wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:21 pm As great as it is to make it ashore if is even better to get your first covid vaccine dose! I was at "my" pharmacy picking up my scrips. I asked the tech about getting on a waiting list. The pharmacist overheard and said they had one dose from a no-show and did I want it since they hadn't heard back from anyone they had called. Of course I did!
Nice. I got my second shot this afternoon.
TPS

Post by TPS »

boharr wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:10 pm
LadyBird wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:21 pm As great as it is to make it ashore if is even better to get your first covid vaccine dose! I was at "my" pharmacy picking up my scrips. I asked the tech about getting on a waiting list. The pharmacist overheard and said they had one dose from a no-show and did I want it since they hadn't heard back from anyone they had called. Of course I did!
Nice. I got my second shot this afternoon.
Must be nice - as a healthy person under 50 here in Florida my doctor told me that he said my best case is Labor Day but wouldn't be shocked if I had to wait until 2022.
FKelly

Post by FKelly »

Nice one. Hard to break a sweat on the WSJCC recently.
Shenk is sure to end our easy streak next week in any case.
How's that go: March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion. Or is it the other way around?
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

made it to shore at about 5 pm CT

as noted on page 1, yes, it feels like it's still February. That water was bracingly cold. But now I'll have ... something cold.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
bread-girl

Post by bread-girl »

I think I am joining the rest of you on shore. :)
Grover

Post by Grover »

Ashore. Probably part of yet another record setting week.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

DrTom wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:08 pm Well I am pretty sure I solved it, it really could be few other things. BUT, I have a small nit to pick with the constructor because there is the possibility of some momentary reluctance to commit.

But I'm going to say, for the sake of counting and because I submitted, ASHORE
toes in sand.jpg
I appear to have caused some consternation among my fellow muggles. I do NOT think this meta contains a trap or is some trick, I just had an issue with a word that momentarily made me think there might have been more. I seriously do not think there was and am sorry if I caused any angst. But as I said today in the hospital when a patient threw a bottle of high potency Omega 3 capsules at me, at least the wounds were super fish oil. :D
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!