"Physical Science" - April 19, 2019

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Toby

Post by Toby »

After a few false leads, I finally saw it. Nice puzzle.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

On shore! To the previous poster who said "Doh!" I say "Double Doh!" because I stared for what seems like way too long before seeing it.
31 Down

Post by 31 Down »

Solved. Some Old-Fashioned fun!
Thomas W (since there's already a Tom W)
Inca

Post by Inca »

Got it.
I didn't find this one as easy as some others did. Step one was quite obvious to me early on in solving the grid. But from there, it took me a bit to get the right pathway and I did have to google a tiny bit (learned 2 new bits of info with this puzzle).
Tom Shea

Post by Tom Shea »

Grid done and see where to start, but still sitting with Isaac.
Rufus T. Firefly
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved.
JJD

Post by JJD »

Early morning tornado warning got me out of bed ahead of time, so I knocked out the grid. Still scratching my head about the meta.
jenirvin

Post by jenirvin »

Done with the grid, have some ideas, but the pollen is really making me stupid. I'll sit here with Isaac until Claritin kicks in and inspiration hits.
~ Jennifer/jenirvin
BethA

Post by BethA »

Eureka!!!

On the beach. 🏖 🍷

This one was just right for me. Hard enough to keep my brain churning overnight, but not chew up my entire weekend. Loved it! Kas 2.5 I think.
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

It took me a while to see what some people saw even before they’d finished the grid. It took me a couple of logic steps to get to what others saw all at once. As is often the case, the title wasn’t a help till after I’d gotten the answer. Oh well, as Donna Summers said before her annual check-up, “Let’s Get a Physical.”
Last edited by Bird Lives on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Janet P

Post by Janet P »

Several rabbit holes have yielded nothing. And there are way too many four-letter nouns to guess.
Count me LAS for now. And since it's before noon, Isaac will have to start me off with a Bloody Mary.
docison

Post by docison »

On shore. In honor of this weekend, make mine a Manaschewitz! Happy Passover and Easter to all who celebrate.
Don S.

Post by Don S. »

On shore. I actually had a reasonable, but not 100%, false rabbit-hole answer before I spotted the real one.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Nope, I just don't see it. Count me at sea for now... this is the most time I've spent with Isaac in several weeks! (BTW, I love the picture at the top of the forum page, makes me smile.)
jenirvin

Post by jenirvin »

On the shore. This was a Goldilocks puzzle for me - not too easy, not too hard; just right. :) Happy Passover and Easter to those who celebrate.
~ Jennifer/jenirvin
HowardHuddleston

Post by HowardHuddleston »

On the shore. Thought I’d posted it but it didn’t show up.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I think I've got it ... although that rabbit hole may have been vacated in advance of the bunny's other relevant duties.
joequavis

Post by joequavis »

On shore! Similar sentiments to many others on here. Fun one, happy to be done. Have a nice weekend, fellow Muggles!

-Matt
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Laura M wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:20 pm Nope, I just don't see it. Count me at sea for now... this is the most time I've spent with Isaac in several weeks! (BTW, I love the picture at the top of the forum page, makes me smile.)
Never mind, I got it! On shore.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Bird Lives wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:10 am It took me a while to see what some people saw even before they’d finished the grid. It took me a couple of logic steps to get to what others saw all at once. As is often the case, the title wasn’t a help till after I’d gotten the answer. Of well, as Donna Summers said before her annual check-up, “Let’s Get a Physical.”
Glad to have Charlie Parker back - all is right with the world
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director