Where to share meta constructions?

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
madhatter5

Where to share meta constructions?

Post by madhatter5 »

HI guys,

I've been solving metas for a few months now and I decided to try my hand at constructing one. I made one and I'd like to share it to see how it is received. Is there any appropriate forum for doing so, or would I need my own blog or something like that?

Thanks,
Madhatter5
https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer
Hector

Post by Hector »

Check out the forum Board Index/Other Metas/Muggle Monday Metas.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

madhatter5 wrote: โ†‘Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:37 am HI guys,

I've been solving metas for a few months now and I decided to try my hand at constructing one. I made one and I'd like to share it to see how it is received. Is there any appropriate forum for doing so, or would I need my own blog or something like that?

Thanks,
Madhatter5
PM BrianMac on here.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

Hi Madhatter,

Thanks for the PM. I'm summarizing my response to you here in case it may benefit any other constructors or aspiring constructors.

As the others have said, we have a section called "Muggle Monday Metas" where we feature a member-created puzzle every Monday. If you have a puzzle you think would make a good Muggle Monday puzzle, just let me know by PM and we will get it scheduled. There is very little review - I only ask that the puzzle generally follow the rules of American crossword construction and be reasonably solvable. If you're new, I'll probably ask to test-solve it in advance (which I am always happy to do for anyone), but If I know you know what you're doing, I'll just schedule you for a Monday.

We definitely need puzzles to use on Mondays, so I hope you will consider contributing to that. But if you don't feel ready for prime time, there is another section for user puzzles. Under "Other Puzzles" on the main page, there is a subsection called Other Muggle Puzzles. This is intended to be a free-for-all where members can post puzzles of any kind (meta or not, crossword or not, etc). There is no review or timeline or submission, just 100% users posting their own puzzles. It's super informal, so you can get away with bending the rules and trying out ideas you may not be sure about. Both sections are very friendly audiences, but Muggle Monday is a little more formal and has a wider audience.