#13 - "Look - Behind You"

Creative and challenging meta crosswords (currently on hiatus) from: www.pgwcc.net
FrankieHeck

#13 - "Look - Behind You"

Post by FrankieHeck »

The answer to this puzzle is a seven-letter plural.

The puzzle has an easy version and a hard version, with the only difference being in the clues.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I started with the hard version, but after Matt's puzzle, my brain was stalling and I switched to the easier version. A quick solve with the easy clues. I'd feel more guilty if I didn't have the MMMM also sitting here waiting for me. Thanks for giving us the option to cruise this week, Peter!
joequavis

Post by joequavis »

Solved. I didn't bother with the hard version based on my performance record with the pgw lately. But the easy one was definitely easy.

-Matt
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved.
Meg

Post by Meg »

Nicely constructed. I started with the hard version, but the easy version pointed me in the right direction.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
LesY

Post by LesY »

Proud to say I solved the hard version. Confidence (mostly) restored.

The “I think we see what he did there” piece was the last to fall for me. I was trying to force something else until that one fell.

Still no clue on the MMMM though.

Good luck to all!
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

I solved the hard version too! I think my confidence still has a ways to go after the last few weeks, but that helped a bit...
TMart

Post by TMart »

Got it. On to MMMM!
audiostar

Post by audiostar »

Hey look, it's that word again!
Jeremy Smith

Post by Jeremy Smith »

This was my first attempt at PGWCC, and things fell into place rather quickly. After tangling with the week 5 MGWCC, and staring at the MMMM, this was a welcome respite.
Hector

Post by Hector »

I had to resort to the easy version, which fell in place quickly. Nice puzzle, but I hope a certain component of it will take a vacation.
Anita

Post by Anita »

Tried the hard one first. No luck, so switched to the easy one and got it quickly. Yay for easy!
pgw

Post by pgw »

Hector wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:39 pm Nice puzzle, but I hope a certain component of it will take a vacation.
(cf. also audiostar's post above)

Fair enough. I constructed this one a long time ago, and it honestly never occurred to me - either when I made it, or even now after the experience of week 10 - that its use of the expression that everyone uses to mean "that word that no one should say" would be upsetting. I certainly didn't include it here as an intentional callback to #10. At any rate, I think I can commit to never putting any variant on that particular expression in a future puzzle.

pgw