"Piece Process" May 10, 2024

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Great to see everyone on the ZOOM!! Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms!
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
JaneGummy

Post by JaneGummy »

On shore, after a nudge, very clever as always
ReB

Post by ReB »

Dragged ashore this week by the Friday lifesaver team, flailing and spitting up water most of the way. A very SAD story indeed...
Craven_Mug_Craver

Post by Craven_Mug_Craver »

Lyman wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:12 pm Ashore. Stared and stared, but then found it.
Yep, took me a fair bit of staring and then a few rounds to get all the parts working together. But when it hit it hit!
---

Grids are easy...metas are hard.
jrdad

Post by jrdad »

Got it finally. I was so distracted by a glaring red herring someone mentioned earlier.
SingleMalt

Post by SingleMalt »

Singlemalt is Ashore.

I will be MIA next week as I attend to my annual boy's golf trip to Pinehurst. I noticed a Bandon Dunes Shirt on the call today so I will provide some details for the golfers in the group.
* In 15 years, we have only set foot on the resort property once. We took the obligatory Paine Stewart Picture and had an (overpriced) lunch.
* We are playing 9 rounds in 5 days including 3 Donald Ross Masterpieces; Southern PInes; Pine Needles and Mid Pines.
* We are also playing Tobacco Road (a bucket list experience) Mid-South, Pinewild (Holly and Magnolia) and Talamore(Twice).
Tina

Post by Tina »

Finally on shore after a frustrating day of not seeing what everyone else was seeing. The pieces finally all came together for me as I was thinking it over while lying in bed.
Libbypibby

Post by Libbypibby »

Ashore!
Zobo3737

Post by Zobo3737 »

Beached.
ron

Post by ron »

Just got to the puzzle. Quick one! Ashore.

Was missing it and then one thing really popped it.
Franky_T

Post by Franky_T »

Got it. Another fun Zoom call.
halseymac

Post by halseymac »

Happy to say, after a challenging and griddy grid - this NC Tar Heel is on shore! Beer me!
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

I am with Isaac--we are discussing if my husband is going to ruin another Mother's Day by beating me at my own hobbies. :lol:

A few years ago there was a rare hummingbird on the north side of Chicago. My Mother's Day outing was to chase after the bird. My husband saw it--I didn't. :x I was not happy. But I did go back a few days later and find it, so it ended well.

Now my husband took a look at my completed grid and quickly solved. I'm still at sea. Grrr.
Doug C

Post by Doug C »

On shore. Liked it. Very typical meta for me where I see nothing and then...aha.
newbymar

Post by newbymar »

Found a few bunnies on my way to shore. Thanks, brother Bill for the rescue.
[Mary Milani Newby ;)
GerryWhite

Post by GerryWhite »

Ashore!

I think the grid was tougher than the meta...
BigPear

Post by BigPear »

Ashore! I stared blankly at this for an embarrassing length of time. Do y’all remember that Olympic hurdler in 1996 who knocked down all but one hurdle and won the gold? Inspires me every day. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

LadyBird wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:35 pm I am with Isaac--we are discussing if my husband is going to ruin another Mother's Day by beating me at my own hobbies. :lol:

A few years ago there was a rare hummingbird on the north side of Chicago. My Mother's Day outing was to chase after the bird. My husband saw it--I didn't. :x I was not happy. But I did go back a few days later and find it, so it ended well.

Now my husband took a look at my completed grid and quickly solved. I'm still at sea. Grrr.
@LadyBird - tell your husband that he could easily look like my avatar if he gloats too much
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
chocoholic

Post by chocoholic »

I really have a talent for making this more difficult than necessary. Then I took a break and saw the light. Solved.
SamKat9

Post by SamKat9 »

LadyBird wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:35 pm I am with Isaac--we are discussing if my husband is going to ruin another Mother's Day by beating me at my own hobbies. :lol:

Well Happy early Mother's Day, for what it's worth. I'll be happy if I can just get a nice uninterrupted nap.
Shannon 🐱
PS: If you want help with a meta, PM what you have so I can help without spoiling too much. I've received lots of help in the beginning and I love to pay it forward!