"Rising Stars" April 26, 2024

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Barnhart6

Post by Barnhart6 »

On shore…took me a while but I’m there!

Jameson and gingerale please!
Thanks to all the muggles in this group. Participating is the highlight of the week!
Brian B
NuYear68

Post by NuYear68 »

Second look through the completed grid today and a 23 Across.
Make mine a Manhattan.
femullen

Post by femullen »

femullen wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 am I have now confirmed that the editors read my complaints, er, comments, here on the Muggle pages. Mr. Shenk, having seen my gripes last week about pop culture, this week [REDACTED]. Gonna ask Isaac to give me something to improve my attitude.

Isaac, ahoy!

>8^(
That the moderators have redacted part of my first post suggests that I was on to something despite seeing nothing, having no clue as to the metanism, and merely commenting on what I assumed was fruitless flailing. I should go back and look closer at what I was doing, but it's been redacted, and I can't remember what it was.

Isaac!
For nudges, feel free to PM me. I won't have a clue how to help you, but you might shove me ashore.
Richard

Post by Richard »

On the beach

Should have seen it sooner but happy to be with so many friends
minimuggle

Post by minimuggle »

on the beach with the horde. Got charged with congestion pricing while swimming ashore. happy weekend all
Momo

Post by Momo »

Hey if Someone wants to pm me I’ll let you know what I have and you can nudge me. Cant do zoom call. Apparently my husband wants me to get better at golf. Rather drink with Isaac 😂. At least I can hit straight shots at the bar 🥳
vandono

Post by vandono »

ashore and back to the grind :(
Guy

Post by Guy »

Ashore !
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

REMINDER: Our Friday Muggle Zoom will be held, as always, at 4:30 Eastern time today. Please join your muggle friends for a fun filled session. If you need help with this week's WSJ meta, you will find it at the ZOOM. It fact, "It's all happening at the ZOOM"! Don't need help this week? Come anyway!

Click on the Mugle Zoom Room tab at the top of the page to join in. Hope to see you there!
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
otlaolap

Post by otlaolap »

Ashore. Stress-free [virtual] beach time coming up. Forget hydration this week; I'm opening a bottle of red for dinner. Maybe even eat something with it.
Doug C

Post by Doug C »

On shore. Nice. Took a while for the click.
mlvilv

Post by mlvilv »

Ashore!
kurtalert

Post by kurtalert »

On shore. Fun one. Had a great feeling what the meta would be, and my suspicion was right. Took me a little bit to figure it out once I found all the relevant information, but it was a nice swim in to shore.
lisajoy

Post by lisajoy »

on shore! happy to be back after a long hiatus!! 🍻
diplomatt

Post by diplomatt »

On the beach.

Not usually a rum guy, but this Trader Joe's pineapple sparkling water has me thinking the two might go well together.
Seems like it might be fun with this warm mid-spring weather.
SJMcK

Post by SJMcK »

On the shore
straffin

Post by straffin »

On shore with a little bit of help from Zoom. Thanks!
turbotron

Post by turbotron »

I needed a Zoom nudge, but enjoyed a thoroughly satisfying "aha" to get me on the beach this week. Perhaps I'll be able to partake in a drink out of my dad's shiny new mug from his win last week. :)

Have a great weekend, crossword friends!
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

On shore after I figured out I was barking up the wrong tree with a couple of the themers. :?

I'll take a West Coast IPA today please!
If you see me on the beach, feel free to pm for a nudge. After all the help I’ve got, I am happy to send it forward when I can!
Streroto

Post by Streroto »

I really don't like doing these without pen and paper, but island necessities forced doing it on the phone. Found some time between playing with grandchildren to knock this one out. On the beach both literally and figuratively!!

(Francis Bay Beach, St John, USVI)
Attachments
IMG_0759.jpeg