Harper’s, April 2024: “April Foolishness”

Enter if you dare!
CromsFury

Harper’s, April 2024: “April Foolishness”

Post by CromsFury »

Just when I thought it would be a quiet week, the April Maltby is available on the Harper's website to subscribers!!!
Enjoy!

:ugeek:
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo. - Virgil
Quand on lit trop vite où trop doucement, on n'entend rien. - Pascal
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Funny, I never look for the puzzle online. I always wait for the print edition in my mail. Came today. Just did the puzzle, and indeed enjoyed. I especially chuckled at the alternative title for the puzzle (hint c).
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

ChrisKochmanski wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:24 pm Funny, I never look for the puzzle online. I always wait for the print edition in my mail. Came today. Just did the puzzle, and indeed enjoyed. I especially chuckled at the alternative title for the puzzle (hint c).
Even funnier, I completely forgot about the three hints until now and solved without them—would have solved faster if I had remembered! I do appreciate the alternate title in retrospect. (I also solve in the print edition, which is arriving in a more timely manner these days.)
CromsFury

Post by CromsFury »

"Hint b" really took me back to my misspent youth in Catholic School![\spoiler]

:ugeek:
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo. - Virgil
Quand on lit trop vite où trop doucement, on n'entend rien. - Pascal
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I enjoyed it, as well, with more than a few chuckles along the way. Was glad to see my print issue arrive the same day the online edition went "live," especially since I never got the hard copy last month.