"Law of the Excluded Middle" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

I managed to sail past this yesterday, but I saw it today and became reMOATly interested. Managed to cross the water, fun one sir!

Tom
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

5A! I took a strange and mistaken and totally unnecessary route but got to the (sand)castle anyway.
Untitledzzbillyroute.png
Thanks for the puzzle (and exercise), Ben!
Streroto

Post by Streroto »

Love Bil Keane! I remember seeing this strip the day it was published. Making me old I guess.

MOAT crossed. Nice one.

Stay well all
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solver update before nudges:

Dow Jones
rjy
Alex Sisti
dannyvee
heidi
DrTom
whimsy
Streroto
Tyrpmom

That's 47.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Nudges, in order of increasing blatancy:

1. 37 A is not exactly a hint but it does help to explain what the Law of the Excluded Middle involves.

2. The puzzle title is very important for this meta!

3. Some of the down entries should show you which middles to exclude.

4. Once those letters are excluded, please ignore them completely!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
Qmark

Post by Qmark »

MOAT crossed...thanks Ben! (no nudges needed...just got to it late)
ReB

Post by ReB »

Started today, and it turned out to be a virtual stroll across the drawbridge, since it was a mild day and so the guards had lowered it. No nudging or storming needed.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the final batch of solvers:

SeamusOL
Qmark
Johnny Luau
theZAzis
AxelPlays
Philip Chow
ReB
Chris
ajk

That's a total of 57. Answer imminent...
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "Law of the Excluded Middle":

Law of the Excluded Middle (solution).png

Week 4 coming up this week! :o