81. Three by Three

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
hoover

Post by hoover »

hoover wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:45 pm My week is all messed up because I was out of town for a few days including the weekend. Just sitting down to this one.
Oh! Yesterday I saw a thing and noted it, but couldn't make any sense out of it. Today I just looked at it again and saw the other thing I was supposed to see.
woozy

Post by woozy »

MikeyG wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:53 am
woozy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:39 am Oh, right. I should get back to this...
Oh, right, I have the PCC, the MMM, the MOAT, and the MEOW - and the WSJ is coming out later. What do you mean I have other responsibilities??
Not that I have any responsibilities as I make these metas when I will, but... you can add the meta in my signature to your list.... (jes' saying')
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

woozy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 pm
MikeyG wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:53 am
woozy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:39 am Oh, right. I should get back to this...
Oh, right, I have the PCC, the MMM, the MOAT, and the MEOW - and the WSJ is coming out later. What do you mean I have other responsibilities??
Not that I have any responsibilities as I make these metas when I will, but... you can add the meta in my signature to your list.... (jes' saying')
True! Let me do that one first!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
woozy

Post by woozy »

Needed to write to headinhome for a nudge to get the needed to ask for a nudge before I could see the thing I failed to see the first nine times I looked moment. But I got the moment.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Qmark

Post by Qmark »

good to the puzzle late, but solved it this morning with no nudges needed...thanks for another fun meta, Mikey!
KayW

Post by KayW »

Regarding 24D POP-TARTS, I just saw this in the news this morning. I remembered the clue because "Fruit Scones" was news to me at the time.

RIP Wiliam Post.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.