MEOW #166 - Gimme An A!

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
Streroto

Post by Streroto »

Ok thanks to nudges the feline is out of the sack. I had the mechanism right away but could not make it work. Can't say more right now

Stay well all
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Sunday submissions:

46 LindaPRmaven
47 Streroto

It appears that I managed to confuse several people with an unintentional fish....soooo sorry. But thank you to those who kept at it!!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Interesting Muggle morning. On my way to church this AM I had the radio on my Public Radio station and what comes on; "Bird Lives".

As I was listening and thinking about our Muggle friend Jay, the next up was 'Galop infernal'. Now I don't know about you but I can't can't sit still when that music is playing and I think it might be one of my favorites. But here is the Muggle segue, the group playing Offenbach's piece was the Cincinnati Pops, and of course that made me think of Joe Ross. I was almost sure the Love Boat theme would soon follow!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

The Reveal!

I awarded 48 A's for clever solvers who got the answer ATOMIZED (let SPRAY you were one of them!)

The path to the solve was this:
Gimme an A graphic reveal.jpg
Thank you to everyone who participated, but as Miss Scarlet Cat says "Tomorrow is another MEOW"