"Think Again" (GRAMMY BONUS) by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
benchen71

"Think Again" (GRAMMY BONUS) by benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

A GRAMMY-RELATED SPECIAL BONUS PUZZLE FOR YOU!

This puzzle is part of the MOAT Music Meta Pack (which is still available for purchase here, fwiw). However, before it was included in that pack I had originally planned to run the puzzle on the 30th of January in the run-up to the Grammys. But now that the Grammys are upon us, I just couldn't resist releasing it anyway! The answer to the meta is a band name (who I predicted back in August 2023 would win big at the Grammys! :D )

Think Again - Crosshare
Think Again - PUZ
Think Again - PDF

Nudges are available in the puzzle description on Crosshare.
Answer is here.

cover.jpg
Last edited by benchen71 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: :european_castle: :notes: Opened this in Crosshare and was surprised to find I had already solved it as part of the MMMP. It was just as much fun the second time around. Thanks, Ben!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
SamKat9

Post by SamKat9 »

I enjoyed this puzzle a lot and learned about something new! Thanks, Ben!
Shannon 🐱
PS: If you want help with a meta, PM what you have so I can help without spoiling too much. I've received lots of help in the beginning and I love to pay it forward!
ajk

Post by ajk »

Also discovered that I'd already done this one. But it reminded me to do the next one in the set that I hadn't done, so I still got a bonus puzzle. :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Exceedingly clueless about the whole subject; had to use check and reveal, nudges and google to claw to the answer, but couldn't pass up at least making an attempt on a Ben puzzle. :)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Pleasant extra and quickly across the GROATY (a word I have coined for a GRAMMY MOAT). Thanks for the puzzle and something to try to find and play.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

This might be the only solver update for this GRAMMY BONUS meta puzzle:

Proud purchasers of the MOAT Music Meta Pack:
Pair O Ducks
Cindy Weatherman
ajk
rjy
Sharkicicles
Laura M
MatthewL
KayW
MC
Spid4567

Solvers since the GRAMMY BONUS surprise release:
Hector
kurtalert
Mr Tex
hoover
SamKat9
DCBilly
whimsy
emmie
Golem
Ergcat
markhr
DebbieC
woozy
axmszr
Alex Sisti
Dow Jones
LarsCaine
neku
DrTom
rfj
JM

That's a total of 31. Answer reveal after the Grammys are announced!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

Not familiar with the band, but solved with a bit of googling. No nudges needed. Nice one Ben!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

And the winner of THREE GRAMMYS is...

Think Again (solution).png

At tonight's Grammys boygenious won Best Alternative Rock Album for "The Album" (not exactly an original-sounding title, but it's a deserving winner), and Best Rock Performance and Best Rock Song for "Not Strong Enough" (my favourite song from 2023, and an absolute banger!) Congratulations to Lucy, Phoebe and Julien! :D