WSJ- Across Lite puz file issues

A place to ask and answer questions about how to use the forum.
Abide

WSJ- Across Lite puz file issues

Post by Abide »

I am moving this post as a fresh FAQ -Technical topic, for future issues with Across Lite
Jeanrosz wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:11 pm Anyone else having problems opening wsj crossword in acrosslite past couple days?
This link should serve as an alternate calendar for 2023 WSJ puzzles via Across Lite, maintained by @Martin

https://www.fleetingimage.com/wij/xyzzy/23-wsj.html

And for 2022 puzzles

https://www.fleetingimage.com/wij/xyzzy/22-wsj.html
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Thanks! I always lose that link, so I end up going to the crossword fiend puzzle page (and usually have to edit the file name since I’m looking for a different day.)

Did anyone answer the question? One day last week, Puzzazz wouldn’t open the WSJ .puz file for me. A bunch of down clues were missing that day, and I assumed that was what Puzzazz couldn’t deal with.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

I am now having problems with fleeting image . Anyone else? It just won’t download wsj puzzles starting on 3/14..
boharr

Post by boharr »

fleeting image didn't work for me today either. @Martin
Abide

Post by Abide »

boharr wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:03 pm fleeting image didn't work for me today either. @Martin
It just opened for me. Martin only pops in here once a year so don't expect a response ;)
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
boharr

Post by boharr »

Abide wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:21 pm
boharr wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:03 pm fleeting image didn't work for me today either. @Martin
It just opened for me. Martin only pops in here once a year so don't expect a response ;)
Just tried it again and it opened.
hoover

Post by hoover »

I don't use the fleeting image link anymore; I just go directly to the .puz file by changing a URL that I used the previous week:
https://herbach.dnsalias.com/wsj/wsjYYMMDD.puz where YYMMDD are the year, month, day of the Friday that the WSJ puzzle officially comes out.
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

More across lite issues! I renamed file to exclude wsj but did not work today…it did Thursday…
Today is Saturday.. neither across lite nor puzzazz works anymore. The message on puzzazz states that only wsj app or pdf will work…??? I hate to print very day but the wsj on line tool is horrible…. Help!
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

When do links in across lite to wsj get updated for 2024?
Abide

Post by Abide »

I will send an email to Will Johnston and ask him to update his site.
—Brian MacDonald
Abide

Post by Abide »

Update from Will:

Puzzle calendar pages for 2024 are uploaded now. Happy new year.
—Brian MacDonald