75. We've Got Leftovers

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

What @MatthewL said.
Heidi
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

All right, time to push some more people over the finish line! Last nudges, likely (PM me if you need more, haha).

9. Some of the entries in the grid are linked to the word "left"; others are linked to the word "over."

10. These words are located in a convenient place based on the geographic positions of "left" and "over."

11. Two of these words are ALONE and LAP.

12. Counting the "left" and "over" words, there are 18 entries in the grid relevant to the meta.

That's all for now! Have a great end of the month and start to December!

Mikey G
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
hoover

Post by hoover »

Finally got there and needed more nudges than @MatthewL
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: Remedially POAK-ed towards the solution. Elegant and fun!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
rjy

Post by rjy »

Ugh! Left in myriad rabbit holes until Nudge 9 pushed me over the top. Shoulda seen it, but sometimes ya just don’t. Fun one, Mikey!
Ray
KayW

Post by KayW »

benchen71 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:54 pm Done like a dinner! (Is that a purely Australian phrase?)
I hadn't heard it before, but I like it! Interwebs claim it is primarily heard in Australia. But I intend to put it to use here in Chicago. I will have plenty of chances to use it at the bridge table, if the source cited here is correct about its usage :confounded:
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

A goal for '24 is to make some legitimate Level 1 and Level 2 puzzles, haha.

SamKat9

Post by SamKat9 »

Late to the party, but I got it with most of the nudges. Thanks for a very fitting puzzle!
Shannon 🐱
PS: If you want help with a meta, PM what you have so I can help without spoiling too much. I've received lots of help in the beginning and I love to pay it forward!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Puzzle #75 answer: I'M STUFFED

Correct entries: 43

Gridmaster T in once again for graphics!

This grid was stuffed as well, with 18 relevant entries in all! Here's how things played out:

1. Four of the entries on the left-part of the grid could be preceded by "LEFT" to make a new phrase; the same holds true for five entries on the top of the grid, preceded by "OVER" (as seen in the graphic!).

2. Play "alternate clues" with those, as seen in the second graphic; arrange these in clockwise order of the LEFT and OVER entries to get their initial letters spelling I'M STUFFED (and I sure am), the answer to this meta.

One of my resolutions for 2024 is to make at least one Level 1 or Level 2 meta each month, haha; I know mine have leaned a bit on the tricky side, and the next few coming up are still of medium-plus difficulty, but I think we all need a few softballs now and again! (The average WSJ rating per my completely unofficial opinions is 2.3 so far.)

Thanks, as always, for solving, and I'll see you on Saturday for #76!

Mikey G