"Exterior Decoration" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

Crossed the moat! Needed nudges!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Final solver update:

Ergcat
Sharkicicles
DIS
hoover

Final total: 48. Answer reveal shortly...
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "Exterior Decoration":

IMG_20231120_080934_(500_x_911_pixel).png

I know I talk about this every so often, but a lot of metas are very US-centric. So occasionally I like to turn the tables on my predominantly US meta-solving audience and give you a taste of what we non-US-meta-solvers often experience. Sure, there's always Google, but it saps the fun when you (for example) have to browse a long list of classic TV shows only to find that the meta answer is a show you've never heard of! All this to say, "Sorry, not sorry!" :D
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock: