New England Muggle Meet-up - August 4

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
Cap'n Rick

New England Muggle Meet-up - August 4

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Ahoy Muggles!

As @Bob cruise director mentioned earlier, we are planning a Muggle Meet-up in the Boston area on Thursday, August 4 at @Dannyvee's restaurant - Vee Vee - in Jamaica Plain. Danny recently opened a brand new patio that he said would be ideal for us. If you are interested in attending, please send a PM to @Bob cruise director and me by July 24. Stay tuned to this thread where we will post updates.

Hope to see you soon!
Cap'n Rick

Edit: Updated with date and time.
Last edited by Cap'n Rick on Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

Woohoo! Sending a PM now!
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

New England Muggle Meet-up - August 4, 2022

It's official! The date of the New England Muggle Meet-up will be August 4 at @Dannyvee's restaurant - "Vee Vee" - in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston. We'll start at 5:00 pm on Danny's new patio, and since this will be a Thursday, we may have some WSJ business to attend to at the outset. ;)

Please contact @Bob cruise director and me if you are interested in attending. We will need to give Danny the final head count by July 24.

Thanks, and hope to see you there!
Cap'n Rick
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

REMINDER:

Just a reminder that we will need to give @Danny Vee our final head count by July 24. If you are interested in attending, please contact @Bob cruise director or me via PM. So far, it looks like we have 6 Muggles coming, and there's still room for more! Since August 4 is a Thursday, we are planning to do a group solve of the WSJ contest puzzle! How fun is that??!! :D

So, don't get stuck in Natick! Come to Boston on August 4 for the New England Muggle Meetup!

Hope to see you there!
Cap'n Rick
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

It was a "hot" time in Boston tonight (literally) where the New England Muggles met at @Dannyvee's restaurant - "Vee Vee" - in Jamaica Plain. Here are a few pics from the event.

Vee Vee Exterior.jpg
Puzzle and Isaac.jpg
Muggles and Isaac.jpg
Dan Valachovic (@Dannyvee), Isaac Washington, Phil Totino, Claudia Totino (@whimsy), and Bob Stevens (@Bob cruise director)

WSJ Grid.jpg
New England Muggles.jpg
Dan Valachovic (@Dannyvee), Bob Stevens (@Bob cruise director), Rick Kennedy (@Cap'n Rick), Ali Burk (@TeamDoubleTow), Claudia Totino (@whimsy), and Phil Totino.

We whipped right through the grid but couldn't quite crack the meta. Many thanks to Danny Vee for his hospitality and great food - especially the butterscotch pudding!
Last edited by Cap'n Rick on Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Great photos. Glad you all had a great time.
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

It was a lovely time! Great food and great conversation and that is probably why "we couldn't quite crack the meta." It was so fun to meet everyone in person! Thanks for organizing @Cap'n Rick and @Bob cruise director and thanks for hosting us @Danny Vee... And the pudding was amazing! @whimsy it was great to meet you and Phil! I will try not to change my avatar picture too often.
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
joequavis

Post by joequavis »

That's awesome! Might have to have a "flyover" version someday. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Dannyvee

Post by Dannyvee »

That was fun! Great to meet you all in person. Now if we can just crack that meta...
I can be found in Sheridan, NY, veejaying. (8)
Meg

Post by Meg »

I wish I could have been there. The pictures are great! I love the visual aids especially.❤️
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Thank you, @Dannyvee. Great place, great food, great fun. Next stop -- the Patio!
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Thanks for the great pictures! So nice you were able to get together! I'm jealous!
Heidi
docison

Post by docison »

To all Boston folks - I remain jealous that I missed this last year! Any interest in coordinating a repeat meet-up?
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

docison wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:41 pm To all Boston folks - I remain jealous that I missed this last year! Any interest in coordinating a repeat meet-up?
Absolutely! What do you say, @Bob cruise director, @whimsy, @TeamDoubleTow, and @Dannyvee? I'll send you all a PM.

Maybe we can even make it out onto @Dannyvee's patio this time. :D
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Cap'n Rick wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:05 pm
docison wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:41 pm To all Boston folks - I remain jealous that I missed this last year! Any interest in coordinating a repeat meet-up?
Absolutely! What do you say, @Bob cruise director, @whimsy, @TeamDoubleTow, and @Dannyvee? I'll send you all a PM.

Maybe we can even make it out onto @Dannyvee's patio this time. :D
Absolutely
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Dannyvee

Post by Dannyvee »

I'd be thrilled to once again host at VeeVee (which would also insure my attendance) but if there's an option that works better for others I'd do my best to get a night off.
I can be found in Sheridan, NY, veejaying. (8)
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

Woohoo! Seeing @whimsy ’s picture with her family made me think we needed another meet up!