Rows Garden — WSJ — 10/14/23

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
ChrisKochmanski

Rows Garden — WSJ — 10/14/23

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Whoa, I got that one in just about exactly a half-hour. It can not be the toughest Rows Garden ever. Or … am I getting a lot better at these? I do Joon Park’s and Michael Blake’s RGs on Tuesdays.
iggystan

Post by iggystan »

I was able to work this one directly from the bottom up. (Don't know why I started there.) I usually have to skip around a little, but not this week. My strategy is to try to get as many blooms as possible first and then attack the rows. The very top row threw me for a second, but it finally came to me.

To answer your question, no I didn't think it was the toughest Rows Garden ever.

Where do you get the other RGs?
KayW

Post by KayW »

Yep that row A entry (which turned out to be autological!) was the very last piece to fall for me.

At least I could solve ONE Patrick Berry puzzle this week! (so far).
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Row A was a tough one indeed! Full disclosure: I had to print out two copies.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Meg

Post by Meg »

Wendy Walker wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:17 pm Row A was a tough one indeed! Full disclosure: I had to print out two copies.
I don’t know why, but I find @Wendy Walker's comment comforting. I enjoyed this PB a lot!
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.