WSJ ipad app

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
mitchel674

WSJ ipad app

Post by mitchel674 »

Anyone here using the ipad app for reading the WSJ and completing the crossword puzzles?

Is it just me, or has the latest version of this app destroyed the functionality? The articles are no longer presented as an "issue" by date.

Most disturbing is that the crossword puzzle is now only available for one day. If you miss that day or do not complete the puzzle, I cannot find a way to return to old puzzles or complete a puzzle once started. Disaster!

Anyone else having this issue or gripes?
Middle_butterfly

Post by Middle_butterfly »

Hello! I am new here and found this thread. YES, I have had the same issue. It feels hastily built. I found this site while I was searching for a post by the WSJ about the status of the app. If no one else has heard from them, I may contact them and if I hear back, I’ll share here.

On my app, I am able to access past issues by touching the Menu button in the top left corner. Does that work if you try it on your version?

The part I most want them to change back is where it skips over letters that are already filled in. I liked that feature (and many others) in the previous version.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Middle_butterfly wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:44 pm Hello! I am new here and found this thread. YES, I have had the same issue. It feels hastily built. I found this site while I was searching for a post by the WSJ about the status of the app. If no one else has heard from them, I may contact them and if I hear back, I’ll share here.

On my app, I am able to access past issues by touching the Menu button in the top left corner. Does that work if you try it on your version?

The part I most want them to change back is where it skips over letters that are already filled in. I liked that feature (and many others) in the previous version.
Bringing in @MikeMillerwsj when he posts results.
flyingMoose

Post by flyingMoose »

The issue in my case is that I get an "Error Loading Crossword" for each crossword that should be listed after selecting the Crosswords icon at the bottom of the screen. This has been going on for the last 10(?) days. On iPadOS 16.6.
RuhRoh

Post by RuhRoh »

Yes the WSJ App for iPad has changed and really hoping they bring back the previous version or similar functionality
mitchel674

Post by mitchel674 »

The new WSJ app really stinks. I'm not sure who to complain to. Perhaps someone from the journal will stop by.