"Terrible Twos" -- Aug. 4, 2023

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
KayW

Post by KayW »

woozy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:50 pm
[Although I don't think it will surprise anyone to know that NO-BODY submitted a correct answer.
Oh, drat - spoilers! (JK ;) ) I hadn't seen this meta before your post yesterday and attempted the grid then. I caved and hit reveal at the 30-minute mark because I had 3 squares I just could not get. I saw where the meta was headed, but don't know when or if I would have finished. However, I truly admire the construction!!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

KayW wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:33 pm
woozy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:50 pm
[Although I don't think it will surprise anyone to know that NO-BODY submitted a correct answer.
Oh, drat - spoilers! (JK ;) ) I hadn't seen this meta before your post yesterday and attempted the grid then. I caved and hit reveal at the 30-minute mark because I had 3 squares I just could not get. I saw where the meta was headed, but don't know when or if I would have finished. However, I truly admire the construction!!
It was definitely a construction for the sake and challenge of the construction puzzle. Anyone actual attempting to do it was entirely extra.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.