58. A Noteworthy Summer

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

It's Nudge Thursday! We're at 32, so let's see if this can help us get to about 40, which would make sense for a Level 3!

1. 1-Down does seem to connect to the title with regard to "noteworthy" (or "note-worthy").

2. There are several clues regarding summer...quite literally, as five clues do directly use the word "summer" in their descriptions.

3. Other than using the word "summer," these five clues also have something else in common.

4. If you're stuck, look at the beginning of the clues. What do you notice?

5. See if you can do something with that beginning and the entry itself.

6. At some point, once you create some new words, it's time to play the classic "alternate clues"!

7. This should give you five letters. But...we need to find an 8-letter word!

8. And to finish it off, we'll need to apply a piece of the meta-nism once again to turn the 5-letter word into an 8-letter word!

See if that helps dislodge something if you're stuck! New puzzle dropping Saturday! Now off I go to catch up on some metas myself!

Mikey G
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Solved. Needed Spoiler 4 to get me past the rut I was in. Very nice one, Mikey!
Cindy Heisler
hoover

Post by hoover »

Solved! Needed only two nudges this time.
ReB

Post by ReB »

Needed all the nudges (except 3 and 4) to solve. Quite a tour de force you accomplished here.
OGuyDave

Post by OGuyDave »

I'm a gremmie. But a gremmie that solved it!. Needed all the nudges to do it. One closer to 40!

TFTXWD