54. Total Mixup

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
Alvibu67

Post by Alvibu67 »

Got it!

Great puzzle, Mikey!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

I can't let Whimsy have all the good cartoons....

Chaos Cat S.jpg
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

It is chaos! Up to 40, which is a solid start - let's see if we can get close to the half-century mark!

And now it's time for Nudge Thursday! (Let me know your nudge status below - or comment it on Crosshare!)

1. We are totally mixed up in this puzzle!

2. And if the title didn't clue you into your submissions, perhaps the first and last across entries will.

3. So, okay: we're anagramming. But we're anagramming what exactly?

4. So much could be anagrammed in this grid to other things - and that's true for all grids, but I wanted to keep it fair.

5. There are six across entries that can be anagrammed into something pretty apropos.

6. How apropos, you ask? (I just like saying "apropos.") Well, six across entries can be anagrammed into a word that also...

7. ...can fit the same clue for the original entry!

8. The first of these, for instance, is 5-Across with the awkward clue "Fruit with seeds" (My mom actually helped with this clue!)

9. Indeed, the word LEMON can be anagrammed into other word that fits this clue.

10. Repeat five more times and concatenate per usual to get your 6-letter word!

It was a total mixup: Ginger Cat asked for tuna, not chicken! Sorry about that! I'll try again next time.

Mikey G
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 93. Person of Letters
Dow Jones

Post by Dow Jones »

Totally mixed up until the nudges. Thanks, MikeyG !!
ReB

Post by ReB »

Finally solved after the 5th nudge. Thanks
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

Again, it took me a while to remember to check out the MikeyG. This one was more fun than frustrating, which is not always the case.
Jay
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Bird Lives wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:16 am This one was more fun than frustrating, which is not always the case.
The summer is young, haha.

Cinny

Post by Cinny »

I realize I missed the deadline, but I wanted to let you know it was a great meta -- as usual. Time got away from me, but I'll get right to the next one. Thanks, Mikey!
Cindy Heisler
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Puzzle #54 recap

Puzzle #54 answer: MAYHEM (for May, of course!)

Correct entries: 46.

And @BrennerTJ is at it again - she's such an asset for these!

Shortest explanation: Six entries can anagram to words that also satisfy the same clue (such as LEMON = "Fruit with seeds" = MELON). The initial letters of these new words spell MAYHEM, the answer to the meta.

AIRMEN/MARINE was the last one to drop - this one took forever. I knew of ANGERED/ENRAGED for a while and was cool to see it find a way into a puzzle.

Keep on solving!

Mikey G