Starting Rotation - 4/9/2023

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
ajk

Post by ajk »

Katiedid wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:36 pm I got last week's Medium with no trouble. This weeks Medium - I don't see anything at all. :(
Lol I'm the reverse. Well, once you substitute 'took a day to see it but got it eventually' for 'no trouble' :lol:

Fun stuff, thanks Will.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

This is not shaping up to be my week.....
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
hoover

Post by hoover »

DrTom wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:53 am This is not shaping up to be my week.....
Try a different shape?
PuzNewbie

Post by PuzNewbie »

I've got the flu, so I'm foggy in general this week, but this puzzle has me flummoxed! Where to even begin?? Are hints provided at some point before the reveal? Thanks and hats off to those who dino-ed so quickly!
rjy

Post by rjy »

hoover wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:48 pm
DrTom wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:53 am This is not shaping up to be my week.....
Try a different shape?
If you had any idea how many times I’ve quoted that line in one lifetime (or plenty of others from that movie… such a classic!)
Ray
ReB

Post by ReB »

Needed a nudge to get me out of my overcomplicating rabbit hole, then it was smooth sailing.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Doing these in the proverbial midnight hour might not be the best idea, haha. Got last week's medium pretty well, but I'm a bit flummoxed so far! Will ruminate on it a bit.

Edit: And as soon as I posted that, I went back and saw it instantly. Haha, that was fun, though not sure how I saw it!!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

What MikeyG said.
Jay
Qmark

Post by Qmark »

Stared at my filled in grid all week and nothing...then with the deadline approaching, boom there it is! Relieved that I was finally able to get it.
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

Wow! That's so cool. I'm sad I didn't get it.
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

This one was kind of mind-blowing to see the answer. I never extricated myself from this 2-part "starting" rabbit hole:
start2.JPG
start1.JPG