"Lounge Around"

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
hoover

Post by hoover »

otc, with help from the nudges
PuzNewbie

Post by PuzNewbie »

Just found this puzzle today. Very fun grid and meta. Shabbat Shalom!
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Lounge Around.JPG
This puzzle was a tribute to the 'off the couch' metaphor used by MMM solvers.

Four davenports couched amongst the words of the long theme entries, with an additional letter just lounging around in each (or perhaps the lounge is around them), providing the answer 'dent' which I hope no-one left behind in the cushions before solving and declaring OTC.

Keys, coins, change, dust, dime, cent, and others were all possible meta answers in earlier versions of the puzzle, and were probably initial answers submitted by some. But when I came across 'dent' I figured it would tie in well. Even though I thought the answer should probably contain the indefinite article - 'a dent' - I decided it would be good enough anyway without it. And then when I noticed that the indefinite article could be found in the title - 'Lounge Around' - because according to Merriam Webster a 'lounger' is a thing - the puzzle was really good to go, even for the sticklers among us.

About 85 solvers solved correctly. Thanks! I hope you enjoyed.