MEOW #117: Dude, Where's My Card?

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
boharr

Post by boharr »

dsbened wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:21 pm When will the solution be posted? Curious (and idiotic) minds want to know, lol!
See post 37 above
dsbened

Post by dsbened »

boharr wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:29 pm
dsbened wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:21 pm When will the solution be posted? Curious (and idiotic) minds want to know, lol!
See post 37 above
Thx for the help, but I wanted to see the answers to the whole grid. Is it possible to see them somewhere? Thx!
Seattle DB
KayW

Post by KayW »

Here is my grid for the puzzle. But fair warning - I didn't confirm the entries with Josh so these are MY answers, not necessarily the correct ones ;)
DudeWheresMyCard.png
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

madhatter5 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:04 pm The answer was DOUBLE-CROSSED.

Because you cross a bridge. So a duplicate bridge is double crossed.

I crossed out the doubles in the clues.

Some of you were not too keen on the fact that you just needed one grid answer to get the meta. Which is a fair point I suppose.
Actually, you needed zero grid answers to get the meta...
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Ha, I got step one… which turned out to be the only step. Fun puzzle still!
hoover

Post by hoover »

This wasn't going to happen for me because I don't have a printer. I've gotten lazy/cranky in my old age, and I only ever solve in AcrossLite these days.